Search

When is UA going to kill Ted?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2009, 6:55 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Originally Posted by PCTraveler
Anyone know when this will happen?
You in a hurry to have the size of E+ reduced and the seats moved closer together (yea, yea, I know we'll be getting an F cabin, whoopee!, but TED's 36" pitch was good enough for me for flights like LAX-LAS)?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by gre
You in a hurry to have the size of E+ reduced and the seats moved closer together
If it means an F cabin, YES

Ted flew IAD-LAS too you know...
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
If it means an F cabin, YES

Still does, most likely. Although TED is "dead," like a bad horror movie, dozens of zombie corpses continue to ply the skies.

UA's history on livery changes and interior refits indicates to me that the zombies will still be around in 2011.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I never did understand the big deal about TED... it was fine.. ? E+ and Exit rows to 1K's so whats the big deal..... for other passengers they got a free can of pop.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by gengar
- I've never seen lower E+ prebooking loads on TED than flights ex- or to LAS.

I agree they are low but I actually think the MSY E+ prebooking loads are lighter. Someimes the actual loads are non-existent. I've actually seen the entire back of the plane full with like 8 people in E+ and the FA's actually enforced policy, I have out 2 GTEM's.
On a positive note, I am hopeful we will see reconfig planes to/from MSY earlier. They are running the repainted planes quite regularly from IAD and DEN now.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:32 am
gre

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Who flies IAD-LAS when IAD-LAX-LAS generally costs the same?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gre
Anyone but Flyertalkers.

But seriously, I think most people would prefer nonstop over one-stop, which adds 2-3 hours to the journey, especially if the nonstop were the same price.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by deuce1
was served on MCO-IAD last week...no cans with your beverage order either
Yeah, the lemonade is still around. And never cans with soda.

Originally Posted by mpw81
I agree they are low but I actually think the MSY E+ prebooking loads are lighter. Someimes the actual loads are non-existent. I've actually seen the entire back of the plane full with like 8 people in E+ and the FA's actually enforced policy, I have out 2 GTEM's.
On a positive note, I am hopeful we will see reconfig planes to/from MSY earlier. They are running the repainted planes quite regularly from IAD and DEN now.
The difference is that LAS<->ORD flights are always full or overbooked. It's just that the people filling E+ are discount ticket lottery winners. That's why I think UA will mainline LAS last, because there are so few elites anyway (to fill upgrades) and they'll lose revenue seats on every flight.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by why fly
I never did understand the big deal about TED... it was fine.. ? E+ and Exit rows to 1K's so whats the big deal..... for other passengers they got a free can of pop.
It's not a big deal, but I'm happy to see it die.

On every other mainline flight I could get F instead of E+ as a 1K (usually), and what do you mean free can of pop? You got a cup and that's it... dumb stingy rules, even for elites.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by gre
I flew ORD-LAS over ORD-DEN-LAS or LAX. Sitting in upgraded first just to miss your connection isn't worth. I flew this route weekly and when you add the hours and the risk of misconnecting, the non stop exit row was fine with me. At times a connection would be cheaper but I prefered the non stop. The LAS crews were great and would always take care of me.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:39 pm
gre

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
But seriously, I think most people would prefer nonstop over one-stop.
Blasphemy!

I've even convinced Mrs. gre that the only way to get to Europe from IAD is through ORD.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gre
Blasphemy!

I've even convinced Mrs. gre that the only way to get to Europe from IAD is through ORD.
Amen brother!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 4:08 pm

I really like the 32S config for the LAX-LAS flights. With the Premier lobby/ security line at LAX, generous E+ room and often an empty middle seat, the entire flight experience is pretty nice.

The return from LAS always seems a bit chaotic though- long security lines and less organization at the gates (I did that RT three times last year and have 2 DBC FREEs to show for it- I know FT has no love for the DBC FREE but I prefer it to the $200 voucher)

Back to topic, if LAS is last to get the reconfig that's fine by me!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It is gone from the bp BUT the cabin crew is still proud to announce it on every moment possible

Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda.

Seems like UA cant get their act together... not that it surprises me.
Funny, I never called it TED even when it first came out. I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard, so I never played along. We are United Airlines, not TED, UNI, ITED, whatever

It will take a while for TED to die since the planes are only reconfigured when they are down for a big inspection. It will take at least a year for this to happen IMO. RIP to another stupid management idea.

AD
Old Jan 18, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It is gone from the bp BUT the cabin crew is still proud to announce it on every moment possible

Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda.

Seems like UA cant get their act together... not that it surprises me.
I flew on TED today.

Full can of soda. Videos are all TED. Cabin crew calls it United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.