Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "2009 Mileage Plus Membership Kit Arrival" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "2009 Mileage Plus Membership Kit Arrival" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Holy Cow, my new card was in the mail yesterday. Nothing special happened, like a change of level, just a routine replacement card for next year. I think the whoop I made scared the dog a little. Every year the accompaning materials get sparser.

Now, I wonder if the mag strip also works? (Mine hasn't for the past two years).
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I hope they don't waste resources sending us 1P cards, as we'll requalify for 1K in two weeks.
Exactly what I wanted to say. It only makes sense to send card to those who reached a new milestone as they may need the card for some higher level benefits.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:27 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Mine came today too.

Qualified several months ago. last year I got 2 packets, I think, but it was my first time for 1K.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents club
I have not yet received my 1k card for 09. Really don't care if it does. What do you really do with the cards? I mean, the status is on your boarding pass already so the card seems unnecessary.

I wish they did bag tags again. I do admit to making color copies of my card and laminating them on my bags, which seem to get recognized.

I wish the drink chits also worked for the lite bites. If you don't drink the free drinks are worthless.

Note they both cost $6.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by willdietrying
What do you really do with the cards?
If you fly Coach internationally and want to get into a *A lounge, you better have it. What's printed on your BP is meaningless in this situation.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by willdietrying
What do you really do with the cards? ...

I wish they did bag tags again. ...
Add one more - when you check-in using an airport kiosk, it's much easier with a card.

Btw, I like to have the tags as well. How can we get it?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
I passed 2 elite level thresholds in just 2 months, but I have yet to receive a card.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
Wink

Still waiting for 4P card to arrive.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Just received my new 1P card good through January 2010. My old 1P card was good through February 2009. I assume United has data showing that very few passengers are likely change to a higher status during December so its cheaper to send the cards out early than handle all the phone calls asking when the new cards are going to go out.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by DCBob
Just received my new 1P card good through January 2010. My old 1P card was good through February 2009. I assume United has data showing that very few passengers are likely change to a higher status during December so its cheaper to send the cards out early than handle all the phone calls asking when the new cards are going to go out.
When did you qualify?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Wow i just got my card today too I remember having to beg a few times last year...
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
Add one more - when you check-in using an airport kiosk, it's much easier with a card.
you can use any credit/debit card, which i do since i do not carry mp card in my wallet.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 5:16 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by futureacnp
When did you qualify?
Not relevant. I was already 1P from the prior year and requalified as 1P on 10/1/08. There was no need to send me another 1P card until late January and I might have qualified as 1K before December 31, 2008, so they might have had to send me a 1K card a month later.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
I feel all left out...no new card for me. Just made 1K at the beginning of the month. I suspect it will be 200never when I get my card. It took forever to get all of my other cards, I expect nothing different this time.

I've also flown Coach international and had no problems getting into a *A lounge with just my boarding pass. I've never been asked for my card before in any *A lounge.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
I was already 1P from the prior year and requalified as 1P on 10/1/08.
That's what I meant to ask you- when did you requalify? I requalified on 10/22 but have not seen a new card in the mail yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.