Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United @ CUN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA. Attended baseball games at 260 ballparks. 1,367,940 lifetime in-seat air miles.
Yeah, I kinda had a feeling that the concensus would be so. Right now we're settled nicely in E+ on that round trip and otherwise hopefully row 6 becomes available when the higher-statused fliers' upgrades come through.
Thanks again folks - -
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA *G
It's Cancun; you *might* have a chance, but probably not, esp. since there's two of you.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: US,HH
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Thanks for the update - going to be in CUN in a month, so the timely update is much appreciated.

FWIW, since you're on an international flight, I believe regulations prevent the FA to break open the beverage cart until in-flight. Hence why the water and OJ only service. Your previous experience was probably a domestic-only flight.
Was on US last week and had alcoholic PDB's departing CUN.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA. Attended baseball games at 260 ballparks. 1,367,940 lifetime in-seat air miles.
Surely everybody here knows that PDBs are one of those things that depends on the cabin crew. When they say "all we have right now is water and orange juice" what they mean is "all we're inclined to offer you right now is water and orange juice."
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by shoeless1920
Surely everybody here knows that PDBs are one of those things that depends on the cabin crew. When they say "all we have right now is water and orange juice" what they mean is "all we're inclined to offer you right now is water and orange juice."
This was the same FA who after takeoff gave me a glass filled with liquid masquerading as a G*T, along with the little bottle still containing 3/4 of the original gin "In case I wanted more gin in my drink."
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by milepig
........I saw at least one couple slipping the guards some money, and they were led away to a different area. (CUN immigration is not UAs fault, but still worth documenting.)

On the bright side, the Matron at ORD the day of our outbound flight gave us drink coupons. I didn't think MEX flights got chits??
I too appreciate the updates. Going there next week. Will report back on your two observations above and being successful/unsuccessful.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: NZ and UA
Hmmm, was considering CUN for a Sept vacation, sat-sat of course! Flying with a 1K so hopefully we can all make use of the same line (same reservation). Hopefully we will get E+. I'm wondering if I should take the fam somewhere else though. A 2 and 4 year old. Looking to do some relaxing on the beach. Sounds like a circus, but then it is just the check in for the return.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Gold #1
CUN is not THAT bad. My wife and I vacation in CUN at least twice a year and the airport is much improved with the new terminal open as of a couple of years now.

Yes, UAL gate agents are not as squared away as we are used to State side EXCEPT for D.F. (MEX).

I think Puerto Vallarta is a little more disorganized than CUN.

One thing for you all to watch out for is when you ARRIVE at CUN. Once you clear immigration and ADUANA where you push the "cross walk" button to get a red or green signal to enter the country, you go through a set of sliding frosted glass doors and you come out to this hall with, what looks like rental car counters staffed with nicely uniformed individuals that claim to have your taxi tickets or your rental car and they are really luring you in to pitch a time share presentation. Stay clear of this area and walk straight through to the other side and through a second set of frosted glass sliding doors that takes you out to the area where the taxi stand and rental car counters really are.

Saludos,

jcs007

Last edited by jcs007; Mar 15, 2010 at 8:58 pm Reason: fixing typos
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jcs007
One thing for you all to watch out for is when you ARRIVE at CUN. Once you clear immigration and ADUANA where you push the "cross walk" button to get a red or green signal to enter the country, you go through a set of sliding frosted glass doors and you come out to this hall with, what looks like rental car counters staffed with nicely uniformed individuals that claim to have your taxi tickets or your rental car and they are really luring you in to pitch a time share presentation. Stay clear of this area and walk straight through to the other side and through a second set of frosted glass sliding doors that takes you out to the area where the taxi stand and rental car counters really are.
One more reason to pre-book your transportation with your hotel - sometimes it is even included. They will give you specific instructions like "look for the guy with xxx Hotel on his board at bus stand 12....". Ignore everyone else, and go directly there. These people are some of the most agressive I've run into.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
There is a priority pass lounge.....
Is there a lounge at CUN which United Flyers (*G) are given access to? (we are flying F if that makes a difference)
-
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Is there a lounge at CUN which United Flyers (*G) are given access to? (we are flying F if that makes a difference)
-
No lounge at CUN for UA flyers.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie;
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
No lounge at CUN for UA flyers.
And be sure to get there early enough as the check-in process at CUN is very chaotic, even for First Class passengers. The station is staffed by contract personnel and not UA employees, but there is a Red Carpet line for GS/1K/F check-in.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 1:51 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks for the prompt reply SEA1K4EVR and advice sapguy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.