Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for long delays...need advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
UA url for compensation for late flight

Frau D and I were on UA 902 IAD-MUC on Jan 1. The flight was 4 hours late thanks to a mechanical.

The purser directed us to a URL where we got a choice of compensation goodies. I took 17500 RDMs and Frau D could not decide.

Now she's figured out what do to, but I can't remember the URL. Does anyone out there know what it is?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/CPR.jsp
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Or www.united.com/appreciation forwards you to the same URL.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Link does not work?

I was on a flight from he11 yesterday - from ORD to PHX we took off and flew for 20 minutes westbound towards PHX, then the pilot came on and said the landing gear would not go up and we had to return to ORD.

Long story short we got in 4 hours late. FA said to go to united.com/appreciation and get a little something for our troubles (nice gesture) but the link is dead. Did a search and found this thread but neither link is working for me.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Both links just worked for me.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:17 pm

works today, thanks
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:25 pm

Woo hoo, got my choice of 17,500 RDM's, a $200 e-cert, or some upgrades. Took the miles. Very generous in my opinion. I am very happy with the outcome.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
Is this a 1K only type of thing, or can anyone use this form? I've been sending in complaints via the regular web based "contact us" form for "post travel support." Is this better than an email to 1P Voice?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by gardener
Woo hoo, got my choice of 17,500 RDM's, a $200 e-cert, or some upgrades. Took the miles. Very generous in my opinion. I am very happy with the outcome.
How/when was this choice presented to you? And did you have a serial number for the second page of that "Customer Appreciation" online form?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How/when was this choice presented to you? And did you have a serial number for the second page of that "Customer Appreciation" online form?
The lead FA told us to go to "united.com/appreciation". The first 10 times I tried that I got a page not found error. When I tried it again (after a fellow FTer posted the link was working) I entered the flight number, origin (ORD) and date of travel and my MP number.

Up came a page with 4 radio buttons, sorry I did not make a screen shot. I did not have to enter any serial numbers or secret codes.

My choices were:

1) $200 voucher good on most fares, but must be ticketed before xxx and flown before yyy - I didn't take this because I already have a bump voucher from Useless Airways and wasn't sure I could use two vouchers within the time limits.

2) 17,500 RDM's

3) some upgrades, I think 2 e-500's, maybe 4

4) maybe $400 off a United vacation package

After I chose the miles, they were in my account instantly and labeled "Customer Appreciation Tier F". My guess is there are lower tiers for less serious problems. We had a serious mechanical where the landing gear would not go up and we had to return to ORD and ended up leaving 4 hours late on another aircraft.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I'm a 1K and my choices were some discounts or 17500 RDMs. Frau D is a 3P, and she walked away with 10K RDMs.

So yer choices depend both on what happened to you and who you are.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Your choices depend also on if you have a SkyKit number. The number determines your choices. I tested sending across a note about a closed flight due to a schedule change, and the UA commitment that they will not depart early if they say they are delayed but can leave early. Within 2 weeks I received a $200 voucher by using that website without a skykit number.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
After I chose the miles, they were in my account instantly and labeled "Customer Appreciation Tier F". My guess is there are lower tiers for less serious problems. We had a serious mechanical where the landing gear would not go up and we had to return to ORD and ended up leaving 4 hours late on another aircraft.
Interesting. Probably is based on status & CoS too, I'd guess.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Up came a page with 4 radio buttons, sorry I did not make a screen shot. I did not have to enter any serial numbers or secret codes.
Could it be that flights with problems (mechanicals, severe delays) are pre-marked for this and that is why one doesn't have to enter the code? I tried using the system to point out the problems I had with F seat on my flight last month and I was not offered any options other than to enter my comments. Had I had a sky-kit number (is that what they are asking for?) I probably would have been presented with some compensation choices. I'll wait and see if the lonely comment will generate anything tangible. Not that I need it - it just seems like a nice test for this system.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:57 pm

Looks to be for sky kit or pre denoted flights with mech issues. I went ahead and filled one out for last weekend's ORD-BOS flight that was delayed due to the tow bar freezing to the plane and a pax having to deboard due to erratic behavior.

Not really expecting anything but I wanted to try it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.