Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My 2009 "road to 30" eqs (premier elite)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
My 2009 "road to 30" eqs (premier elite)

Hiya...I'm on a mission from God - going for the road to 30 EQS by flying as many flight segments as I can (In Jan, LAX-SFO-SMF and back) I'm always short of reaching Premier, so I'm going for this and on several times this next year do 'Vegas Runs' (LAX-LAS and turnaround the same day) so I can be home for dinner *** I've never done a "Mileage Run" before, but I've got my first "Vegas Run" scheduled the day before my birthday (01/24/09) at only 91.00 R/T - I do stuff like this I should make 2P by Sept?? We'll see. Loyality to one airline is the thing, but I need to focus on EQS to make it - being short 7,000 miles EQM is not what I want. Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy flyin' in '09 *** Joe G. near LAX
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
It depends how much you fly. at this rate 15 RTs will get you 2P.

But if you take a connecting flight you will earn 2 EQS for one way (LAX-SFO-LAS)
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
You can do transcons out of LAX for $200 or so....5,000 EQMs per trip (roughly). If you are doing mileage runs to make 2P, seems that route would be easier than segments. YMMV.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
$45 per seg is decent, but as mentioned, for segment running I'd try to knock out 4 segs at a time to speed it up and mitigate the sunk costs (getting to airport, parking cost, time spent in security, etc.).
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by goriajk
Hiya...I'm on a mission from God
Ouch. Why would God make you fly United?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by goriajk
Hiya...I'm on a mission from God - going for the road to 30 EQS by flying as many flight segments as I can (In Jan, LAX-SFO-SMF and back) I'm always short of reaching Premier, so I'm going for this and on several times this next year do 'Vegas Runs' (LAX-LAS and turnaround the same day) so I can be home for dinner *** I've never done a "Mileage Run" before, but I've got my first "Vegas Run" scheduled the day before my birthday (01/24/09) at only 91.00 R/T - I do stuff like this I should make 2P by Sept?? We'll see. Loyality to one airline is the thing, but I need to focus on EQS to make it - being short 7,000 miles EQM is not what I want. Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy flyin' in '09 *** Joe G. near LAX
You can often do BUR-LAS runs (via SFO) for about the same price and twice the miles.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:25 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by PanHam
Yeah... God should make OP fly SQ R/F
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Why would God make you fly United?
Because there is no god?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Because there is no god?
Yeah, and making someone fly UA is proof.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
Thanks for all the responses...

I'm looking at EQS instead of EQM - A big disadvantage for a GM is not receiving 500 min. Miles per segment. I've given up on that idea / Doing 4 segments per R/T is logical - current estimate would put me at 15 EQS by late April. Thanks to all. Joe G.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Why do you want to be Premier? Your post makes it sounds like the only flying that you do on United is the runs to get you the status.

I assume that you have a lot of United flying planned for 2010, which is why you want the status?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 2:08 pm

Programs: UAL 1P, SPG Platinum
Are you sure it's not God, but rather the dAArkside?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I'm going for 1P on segments, 60. I've been having trouble getting over 3 segments per flight on .bomb. Any tips? Thank you!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

REPLY...

Mecabq wrote "I assume that you have a lot of United flying planned for 2010, which is why you want the status?" Answer...Yes, I would like to reach 2P by Sept when my E+ Access expires and I can fly UA E+ w/o paying for the rest of 2009 and all of 2010. 2010 will mark my 20th year of flying - my first r/t flight started on United (The old rainbow-type design) from LAX-ORD. What a grand year 2010 will be. I've enjoyed all the comments, esp. the dAArkside one!!! I flew American once (LAX-HNL) and I got sick. Enough said. Peace to all of you FT'ers - thanks for allowing me to be part of this great community. You are all special to me. Joe

Last edited by goriajk; Dec 31, 2008 at 4:06 pm Reason: ua
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I've been having trouble getting over 3 segments per flight on .bomb. Any tips?
Use multi-city and don't fly hub-to-hub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.