FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Revised Star Alliance Lounge Access Rules (Updated 2010) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/902436-revised-star-alliance-lounge-access-rules-updated-2010-a.html)

mapleg Dec 27, 2012 6:34 am

Would someone be kind enough to advise if I would have access to the regular RCC Lounge in ORD with the following routing: (no *A status)

ICN-ORD on OZ (Business Class)
ORD-YYZ on UA (Business Class)

Reason for confusion is last year I did gain access when trans-pacific flight was in F instead of C. Will I still have access this year?

(I did see this in the RCC Wiki, which has only confused me further):

34NI/ * * * INTERNATIONAL DEFINITION * * *
35NI/ TO OR FROM THE UNITED STATES EXCLUDING SAN JUAN
36NI/ CUSTOMERS WHO TRAVEL TO CANADA MEXICO AND
37NI/ CARRIBEAN DESTINATIONS WILL BE TREATED AS INTL AND
38NI/ CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE RED CARPET CLUB
39NI/ **HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT ENTITLED TO DRINK CHITS**

Thanks!

WineCountryUA Dec 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg (Post 19926895)
Would someone be kind enough to advise if I would have access to the regular RCC Lounge in ORD with the following routing: (no *A status)

ICN-ORD on OZ (Business Class)
ORD-YYZ on UA (Business Class)

Reason for confusion is last year I did gain access when trans-pacific flight was in F instead of C. Will I still have access this year? ...

As a premium cabin *A departing passenger will you have access to all *A lounges per *A rules. No guests.
So, yes for ORD UC.

Originally Posted by mapleg (Post 19926895)
.... (I did see this in the RCC Wiki, which has only confused me further): ...

The Wiki policies posting were pre-merger U and should not be depended on in the new era.

mapleg Dec 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 19929199)
As a premium cabin *A departing passenger will you have access to all *A lounges per *A rules. No guests.
So, yes for ORD UC.

Thanks, appreciate your reply. There seems to be so many rules re admittance to those lounges..

WineCountryUA Dec 28, 2012 12:03 am

Originally Posted by mapleg (Post 19930890)
.... There seems to be so many rules re admittance to those lounges..

lots of different kind of customers

Boraxo Dec 28, 2012 9:32 am

Revised Star Alliance Lounge Access Rules (Updated 2010)

For *G flying international, I was informed by the lounge dragon that I can only bring one guest, no children. Is this correct? For some reason I thought there was an exception for family members, but maybe that another program.

WineCountryUA Dec 28, 2012 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 19933298)
For *G flying international, I was informed by the lounge dragon that I can only bring one guest, no children. Is this correct? ...

100% correct, that is standard *A lounge access rules for *G

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 19933298)
... For some reason I thought there was an exception for family members, but maybe that another program.

UC members have family access at UCs.