where to send complaint

Old Dec 10, 08, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Question where to send complaint

I left my cellphone in DEN RCC on 3 Dec; it was turned into concierage & when I called the RCC I was told it would be sent to UA L&F & since my name/address/phone were permanently labeled on phone I'd get a call from L&F later that day (4 Dec); didn't happen. Many calls to DEN RCC met w/ stonewall & those to L&F were not answered. OK, done; phone gone for good. But I'd like to write a letter (a real one) & make a suggestion to reduce the chances of this happening to others. I've scoured .bomb & danged if I can find any physical addresses let alone names. Not that it should matter, but I've been 1P or 1K for many years & UA has seldom mistreated me -- until this. Any address help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 08, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
What is your status now?
Old Dec 10, 08, 7:46 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Oh no! A bad ending to this thread you posted a few days ago!

Next time make sure to ask them for the FedEx tracking number...
Old Dec 10, 08, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
I fail to see where United mistreated you.
Old Dec 10, 08, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia View Post
I fail to see where United mistreated you.
Are you kidding? Someone at UA RCC or UA L+F "lost" her phone after it had been recovered.
Old Dec 10, 08, 7:55 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I wouldn't read anything "ominous" into this. My wife left her glasses in our hotel room in Oslo when we checked out. We phoned, they found them, but then it took weeks to get them. I had to call a few times to find the "right" person. We got different answers from different people we talked to. Eventually, we spoke with the person that had them (once he was back on the job). He apologized for it taking so long, and ended up shipping them to us for free! (When first we contact them, they wanted a CC number to cover shipping costs, which we provided).

OP: keep on calling; eventually you'll find the "right" person and can get this taken care of.
Old Dec 10, 08, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
Are you kidding? Someone at UA RCC or UA L+F "lost" her phone after it had been recovered.
For one thing, the OP lost the phone. Secondly, The OP is a bit confusing...was the phone call supposed to be made the same day, or the same day L&F received the phone.
Old Dec 11, 08, 12:13 am
Original Poster

to clarify

Sorry if I misled anyone. It was MY fault I lost the phone (not UAs) -- I'm NOT asking for compensation. Someone found my phone in RCC, called my home phone before I got there, & said it was at concierage. I called DEN RCC & a woman confirmed it was there, but had no way of returning it directly. Took all my info (also labeled on cellphone) & said she'd forward to L&F w/ instruction to call me. No call after 24 hr, so I called DEN L&F & repeatedly left messages over next 4 days. NO RESPONSE. Calling RCC again (2x) met w/ stonewall 'not our problem'. What I'd like to do before I hit the sky again in a few days is write a polite letter suggesting that RCCs maintain a list of items they send to L&F, so if a customer calls they can say 'yes your purple polka-dot sweatshirt was sent to L&F on 28 Nov as item xx from RCC East' or 'no your yellow mittens have not shown up'. Is that really so far out of line? FT folk seem to write a lot of letters to CS & HQ (or so they say); I was hoping someone would provide an address. [Sidebar: MaryHillyer is the name of a long deceased, but very patient flight instructor; our genders never matched.]
Old Dec 11, 08, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by MaryHillyer View Post
What I'd like to do before I hit the sky again in a few days is write a polite letter suggesting that RCCs maintain a list of items they send to L&F, so if a customer calls they can say 'yes your purple polka-dot sweatshirt was sent to L&F on 28 Nov as item xx from RCC East' or 'no your yellow mittens have not shown up'. Is that really so far out of line?
Out of line? No, however....

If you are writing the letter to complain, praise, vent, or share an idea to feel warm and fuzzy.... the by all means please write it use: [email protected]

Unfortunately, it will TOTTALLY fall on the proverbial "deaf ears", so if you are looking to do something constructive.... IMhO, donate some time or money to a worthy local cause. That would actually help to accomplish something.
Old Dec 11, 08, 8:17 am

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by MaryHillyer View Post
I was hoping someone would provide an address.
I have this as an address for UA customer relations.

CUSTOMER RELATIONS WHQPW
UNITED
P.O.BOX 66100
CHICAGO, IL 60666-9918
USA

Good luck in getting your phone back.
Old Dec 11, 08, 9:08 am

Have you tried calling your cell phone to see if anyone answers? Might be worth a shot.
Old Dec 11, 08, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
When is the next time you are connecting in DEN? That may be the only way you will get your phone.
Old Dec 11, 08, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by aluminumdriver View Post
Have you tried calling your cell phone to see if anyone answers? Might be worth a shot.
OP mentioned trying this in the original thread - no luck. :/
Old Dec 12, 08, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

thanx germansoks

Thanks for the address -- that's what I was after. I suspended phone a few days ago when it became clear nothing was going to happen; wasn't an iPhone, but not a cheepie either. To the extent I'm chuffed it's the cavalier attitude shown in subsequent calls to RCC DEN & the complete non-response by UA L&F.

Will post later if I get anything but boilerplate from CR. NOT ASKING FOR ANY COMPENSATION -- only a better way of tracking items found in RCCs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: