FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   "Please use the lavs in your cabin, unless you're in C" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/896986-please-use-lavs-your-cabin-unless-youre-c.html)

GRB051111 Dec 8, 2008 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by jtsaltman82 (Post 10875864)
That's a pretty long flight---maybe he felt like streching his legs a bit when he went to the restroom?

This is exactly what I do from time to time -- walking downstairs from 15A to P in the back of the plane and back a few times on SFO-HKG :p

exbayern Dec 8, 2008 4:01 pm

A few of us once on the LH forum considered briefly taking a field trip from C to the downstairs lav on the A340, if only to experience the famous stairs for once in our lives.

Once someone posted a photo however I believe that we all decided to stay in our ticketed cabin and use the lavs with the window and flowers. :p

1P Dec 8, 2008 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Javan69 (Post 10876213)
And no, he couldn't have tripped over my foot as it was mid-thigh level.

Either you were practising your ballet steps, or pretending to cock like a dog against a lamppost. :o

I agree with iluvtofly's post. I often do the circuit of the plane.

EsquireFlyer Dec 8, 2008 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by transpac-canuck (Post 10875855)
I think it's *less* of a big deal for someone in C to use a Y lav than it is for someone in Y to use a C lav. However, I don't use the Y lavs when I'm in C simply because I know there are plenty of people back there trying to use them... it's more a matter of respect, I think.

+1.

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 10876034)
The announcement I heard was that nobody was to go forward of their ticketed cabin.

I've read some FTers (maybe even UA FAs on FT) write that that's the official rule in the book.

However, the announcement I've heard over the intercoms has always been that you must use the lavatory in your ticketed cabin, followed by a listing of the locations of the lavatories in each cabin.

Caloy Dec 8, 2008 4:34 pm

Nothing wrong in what the guy in C was doing. But it was wrong for the OP to try and block the aisle. As someone said, who appointed him the bathroom monitor? If it really bothered the OP so much, why didn't he complain the the C passenger, or to a FA? Maybe he realized how stupid that would have been, no?

ozgirl61 Dec 8, 2008 4:41 pm

If the OP's only problem in life is who uses what toilet then he is doing okay for himself.

Seriously, you were going to put your foot into his mid thigh area??? For daring to use your toilet.

gonezen Dec 8, 2008 4:44 pm

I don't mind it when they use the lavs from C to Y, that's just nature's call. It's when they stand behind the see-through curtain in C and just look and stare back into Y. You just know what they're thinking ("Hey look at me!") and it bugs me. I just want to yell out that I've ridden up there plenty of times and I'll be there again. This time I just happen to be back here. And you know what? It's as bad as you're thinking it is. :p

gonezen Dec 8, 2008 4:49 pm

BTW, can't say that I blame some of the Y pax, especially in a long range 767. I was MUC/ORD a couple weeks ago at the front of Y and it was a long, long walk to the heads at the rear of the plane dodging dangling legs, runaway pillows and wandering kids. The C lavs were just a few easy steps through that see-through curtain. You better believe plenty of Y pax used them too. The FA's just gave up trying to control the illegal traffic.

hmy1 Dec 8, 2008 4:53 pm

How about installing locks on the lav doors which require a token kinda like you see in fast food joints in shady neighborhoods? The lavs in each cabin would require a different token, thereby restricting customers to their own cabins. United could even charge for extra tokens... Hmmm....

dsquared37 Dec 8, 2008 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by djk7 (Post 10875879)
I agree about not sure why they'd want to, maybe the guy had a fetish for standing in P and thought his chances were better back there.

Not sure I want to know what you were thinking about when you wrote this.:eek:

Did you mean 'standing in Y'?

ryan182 Dec 8, 2008 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 10877326)
Did you mean 'standing in Y'?

Pretty sure it was meant as it was written, I think it was referring to the the fact since there would be more people using the lavs in Y there's be a greater chance someone had well "missed" and thus one could stand in P.

GRB051111 Dec 8, 2008 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by hmy1 (Post 10877222)
How about installing locks on the lav doors which require a token kinda like you see in fast food joints in shady neighborhoods? The lavs in each cabin would require a different token, thereby restricting customers to their own cabins. United could even charge for extra tokens... Hmmm....

Oh yeah ... great idea! Now they can add premium lav to the existing premium checkin, security, boarding deal :mad:

jerriblank55 Dec 8, 2008 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Javan69 (Post 10876293)
And no, he couldn't have tripped over my foot as it was mid-thigh level.

IMO the OP really needs to loosen up. Life is short. ^

Javan69 Dec 8, 2008 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by 1P (Post 10877003)
Either you were practising your ballet steps, or pretending to cock like a dog against a lamppost. :o

I agree with iluvtofly's post. I often do the circuit of the plane.

------------
I had my leg up on the armrest. I was in 17C on a 777. Not exactly difficult.
Look, my gripe is, if they're going to make the announcement, then enforce it. If they're not going to enforce it, don't make it (or change it to reflect the policy). All that does is make ALL rules "negotiable"/challengeable. Why should I obey rules that don't get enforced consistently? Why should I respect a FA who won't enforce his/her own rules? :confused:

HaeMaker Dec 8, 2008 5:42 pm

I could not resist, this made my day... :D