Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Has There Ever Been a 1K with Zero UA Lifetime Miles?

Has There Ever Been a 1K with Zero UA Lifetime Miles?

Old Dec 5, 08, 12:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by PanHam View Post
Has anyone, or does someone know of anyone that has flown 100,000 EQM on UA, but flew the actual BIS miles on other airlines?
That's me, unfortunately - we have to fly LH ex-India, as UA doesn't fly here...

Originally Posted by PanHam View Post
Yes, that'd be really stupid to gather the top elite status with an airline you never flew, but, I'm wondering if anyone could see an advantage/upside/a reason to do such a thing, besides crediting to a better frequent flyer program that actually lets you book awards (ahem)
Well, the benefits over LH are that we get better and cheaper rewards than M&M, as well as annual fee waivers on our Chase cards - I wouldn't say that is all the benefits we get, but as YYZPrincess has pointed out, we *do* earn SWU's, so this is an additional benefit, which is appreciated.

Further, I think I might do my first flight on UA this month - let's see if I get the time to do it, and try to requalify for 1K! (doubtful though)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Dec 5, 08 at 12:21 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: