Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

 
Old Aug 24, 09, 11:56 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, SQ PPS
Posts: 1,061
Would explain why I saw an LH 744 sitting over by the UA hangars at 6AM this morning. Nice to see one in the darkness, a rarity for ORD given the timing of LH 430.
daron4000 is offline  
Old Aug 25, 09, 12:07 am
  #122  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Programs: UA 1K 2MM, IC Plat Ambassador, Accor Plat
Posts: 690
Originally Posted by UncleJed View Post
I must be doing something wrong (or maybe right) - I've never had so much as a mechanical-induced delay on a UA 747 (or a 737 for that matter). I have had several 777 *cancellations* due to engine or instrument problems.
That's been my experience as well. Overall, the 747's have been uber-reliable for all the airlines. During the last refurb to the flat C class, I would have preferred that UA would have rehabbed the restrooms as well. And I've voice this opinion on every survey. However they're just airplanes, kids. UA is pretty quick on the trigger to delay/cancel/equipment substitute in my view, and that's how I like it.
jimmc66 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 1:10 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BOS<>NYC<>BKK
Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Posts: 3,881
UA 881/882 again

I'm at the NRT IFL now (Saturday afternoon here) and UA882 NRT-ORD is posted as leaving two hours late, so there are a lot of unhappy campers. Ms. Toko from Snow-kyo fame is very busy rerouting passengers who will miss connections.

A little detective work shows the inbound aircraft is UA881 28Aug ORD-NRT, that took a little detour and stopped in ANC. Maybe there's a FTer on-board who can tell us why? Plus I understand this aircraft got switched out to an old config, and 882 was oversold by 60 at least when I inquired leaving BKK this morning. Lots of musical chairs going on, I guess.

Last edited by wxguy; Aug 29, 09 at 1:33 am
wxguy is online now  
Old Aug 29, 09, 11:48 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MEM
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 253
8/29 UA835 (ORD-PVG) scheduled 10:34, now posted departure time 3:00, another 4.5 hour delay.

According to .bomb, the reason is "Schedule change due to Aircraft Servicing".
oldmonster is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 12:11 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MEM
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 253
UA835 (ORD-PVG) delayed again for both 8/28 and 8/29

Originally Posted by oldmonster View Post
8/29 UA835 (ORD-PVG) scheduled 10:34, now posted departure time 3:00, another 4.5 hour delay.

According to .bomb, the reason is "Schedule change due to Aircraft Servicing".
I checked the UA835 data from yesterday and found the following:
Scheduled: 10:34 AM
Actual: 7:06 PM
Reason: Schedule change due to Aircraft Servicing

What's wrong with this route?
oldmonster is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 4:17 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Programs: UA-GS
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by oldmonster View Post
I checked the UA835 data from yesterday and found the following:
Scheduled: 10:34 AM
Actual: 7:06 PM
Reason: Schedule change due to Aircraft Servicing

What's wrong with this route?
Delayed a late coming back PVG-ORD obviously as well, BUT it is also showing late coming back tomorrow 8/30 as well...is that is three days in a row? I have a GS friend that was on tomorrow's flt, but was rebooked PVG-SFO...

...anyone have any insights?
salamander is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 5:22 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,445
Originally Posted by salamander View Post
Delayed a late coming back PVG-ORD obviously as well, BUT it is also showing late coming back tomorrow 8/30 as well...is that is three days in a row? I have a GS friend that was on tomorrow's flt, but was rebooked PVG-SFO...

...anyone have any insights?
No insights, but looks like yesterday's SFO-PVG was diverted to SEA and never made it to PVG.
iceman77_7 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 5:27 pm
  #128  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MEM
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by salamander View Post
Delayed a late coming back PVG-ORD obviously as well, BUT it is also showing late coming back tomorrow 8/30 as well...is that is three days in a row? I have a GS friend that was on tomorrow's flt, but was rebooked PVG-SFO...

...anyone have any insights?
Yes, a delayed UA835 (ORD-PVG) automatically guarantees a delay in PVG-ORD (UA836) because they use the same a/c and the turn round time at PVG is a mere 3-hour. SFO-PVG has a better schedule because the a/c will stay overnight at PVG.
oldmonster is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 6:18 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Programs: UA-GS
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by oldmonster View Post
Yes, a delayed UA835 (ORD-PVG) automatically guarantees a delay in PVG-ORD (UA836) because they use the same a/c and the turn round time at PVG is a mere 3-hour. SFO-PVG has a better schedule because the a/c will stay overnight at PVG.

yup, get that...but, it seems that ORD-PVG-ORD (if you include tomorrow's scheduled delays (sat...which it is now in PVG)) will be running 3-4hrs late (leaving both stations) for three days???? I am getting that right?
salamander is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 6:33 pm
  #130  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,361
Originally Posted by iceman77_7 View Post
No insights, but looks like yesterday's SFO-PVG was diverted to SEA and never made it to PVG.
Actually it made it in to PVG 7 mins early, the stop in Seattle was canceled.
worldtrav is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 7:31 pm
  #131  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,445
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post
Actually it made it in to PVG 7 mins early, the stop in Seattle was canceled.
Good to know, the original flight doesn't show up on .bomb.
iceman77_7 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 09, 9:07 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MEM
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by salamander View Post
yup, get that...but, it seems that ORD-PVG-ORD (if you include tomorrow's scheduled delays (sat...which it is now in PVG)) will be running 3-4hrs late (leaving both stations) for three days???? I am getting that right?
Sorry, you are wrong. Not 3-4 hours but 5.5 hours...

Flight 835
In Flight
More details Chicago, IL (ORD)
Sat, Aug 29
Scheduled: 10:34 AM
Actual: 4:13 PM
Reason: Schedule change due to Aircraft Servicing
Terminal 1 Concourse C
Gate: C16
Shanghai, China (PVG)
Sun, Aug 30
Scheduled: 1:55 PM
Estimated: 7:22 PM
Reason: Schedule change due to Aircraft Servicing
Gate: --
Baggage claim: --
oldmonster is offline  
Old Aug 30, 09, 10:11 am
  #133  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tokyo
Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Posts: 1,427
UA 804 (SIN-NRT) on 8/31 got moved first from 7:10AM to 9:10AM and then to 11:30AM... well, at least I can get a full night's sleep instead, as well as time in the lounge.

Weather-related. Bummer. Now I get into Tokyo at night instead of during the afternoon, so no Snow Leopard for me on the 31st.
FireEmblemPride is offline  
Old Aug 30, 09, 11:04 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Posts: 4,559
ual.bomb shows 804 is canceled for the 31st--both SIN to NRT and NRT to IAD sectors will not operate. 890 BKK to NRT is also canceled for the 31st.

For today:

875 SEA to NRT delayed 4 hours
837 SFO to NRT delayed 4.5 hours
853 SFO to NRT delayed 4 hours
891 LAX to NRT delayed 2 hours
881 ORD to NRT canceled
803 IAD to NRT canceled


Kinda wonder how it can be weather related though as ANA and other airlines seem to be on a normal schedule.

not a great day to be flying to Tokyo--at least on UA.

---updated
All flights to/from NRT on UA have been canceled for the day.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Aug 30, 09 at 1:00 pm
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Oct 4, 09, 7:39 am
  #135  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: 1-k spg gold
Posts: 125
sea-nrt cancelled generator failure

Sea-narita cancelled after take-off generator problem. 3 hours after take-off flight cancelled. here are my observations, groucht flight attendants, one red carpet woman who probably could not handle 2 customers in a bk. Understanding that some flyers were upset, she could care less. I was put on a Thai flight, wonderful flight attendants, clean plane and wash rooms, great service. Why do I fly United, when a great airline such as Thai is available.
UA has always seemed o.k. but we had nothing to compare to. I wonder what I will be compesated since I paid and loswt hotel accomidations, had to divert to La then on to Bangkok. A nice form letter did await us as we disembarked. UA can do whatever they do, but it is the customer service people that make the experience.

Last edited by turpwa; Oct 4, 09 at 7:53 am
turpwa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: