Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Old Mar 1, 09, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by seagar View Post
Maybe because Flightaware states "arriving shortly' in green letters and then showing a return (presumably to O'Hare). Why do you believe it laanded in FRA-were you on the plane???
Why is everything a conspiracy lately? This thread, the thread about whether or not SFO-SYD actually RTBL'ed ...
Old Apr 1, 09, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K&1.88MM, MR lifetime Gold, HZ PC,
UA 896 (SIN-HKG) cancelled again (4/2)

Sitting here in the T3 SilverKris Lounge in SIN at 5:15am and it turns out that UA 896 has been cancelled. Nobody seems to know why, but it speaks volumes that a 747 going awol seems to pose no operational problems whatsoever - it's as if it's expected once in a while :-)
Old Apr 1, 09, 4:27 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Were they able to put you on the UA 777 flight to NRT or another carrier to HKG?
Old Apr 1, 09, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador
UA 869 SFO-HKG scheduled for 3/31 was delayed until 9:15am 4/1 so there was no aircraft to go HKG-SIN 4/1 and caused your SIN-hkg 4/2 to be cancelled. My friend was on that flight.
Old Apr 1, 09, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K&1.88MM, MR lifetime Gold, HZ PC,
I was actually alread booked via NRT, and hoping to switch over and score another ride in new C. So much for that :-)

They are booking all the SFO traffic via NRT, with no op-ups and upgrades being preserved (at least with the few people I saw), so I'm guessing the NRT route was fairly empty. Not any more.
Old Apr 1, 09, 5:11 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer View Post
I was actually alread booked via NRT, and hoping to switch over and score another ride in new C. So much for that :-)

They are booking all the SFO traffic via NRT, with no op-ups and upgrades being preserved (at least with the few people I saw), so I'm guessing the NRT route was fairly empty. Not any more.
Wow, must have been a light load on the HKG flight as well. Too bad about the new config.
Old Apr 1, 09, 9:33 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, 1K, Marriott: Lifetime Platinum Premier, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond
Originally Posted by cricketer View Post

Did anyone get offer to change flight date to April 3rd to keep SIN-HKG-SIN rounting? If that is the case, will UA offer hotel for the night on April 2nd?
Old Apr 1, 09, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Am in the Thai lounge at HKG while waiting for my delayed flight (862) to SFO, the planned departure is 16:45 a 5 hour delay. Guess this screws up a lot of connections and also (869). Well at least I'm chillin' out at one of the best lounges......did not even bother with RCC.

Last edited by rerunree1; Apr 1, 09 at 11:06 pm
Old Apr 1, 09, 11:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Unhappy

Originally Posted by rerunree1 View Post
Am in the Thai lounge at HKG while waiting for my delayed flight (862) to SFO, the planned departure is 16:45 a 5 hour delay. Guess this screws up a lot of connections and also (869). Well at least I'm chillin' out at one of the best lounges......did not even bother with RCC.
I'm on 4/2's UA 869. Looks like it's going to be delayed due to the incoming delay on UA862.
Old Apr 2, 09, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold
I arrived in HKG on 895 on the 1st. Was not told the continuing leg was canceled until I made it to the lounge. Was rebooked on Cathay and still managed to keep my upgrade. Will I get mileage credit for the HKG - SIN leg?

Fly back home on the 9th. Hope things are sorted out by then.
Old Apr 2, 09, 11:55 am

Programs: United 1K GS, USAIR, Delta
Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
I arrived in HKG on 895 on the 1st. Was not told the continuing leg was canceled until I made it to the lounge. Was rebooked on Cathay and still managed to keep my upgrade. Will I get mileage credit for the HKG - SIN leg?

Exact same thing happened to me in June. I got the credit and the fare bonus.
Old Apr 2, 09, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, AA, DL, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Fisk View Post

You'll have to call MP to get original routing credit. Assuming they did the ticket switch properly, that's all it should take. Of course, keep your ticket and CX BP just in case.
Old Apr 19, 09, 3:14 pm
formerly MNLGuy

Programs: UA1K/MM DL AA
SFO-ICN delayed 4/19

It was just announced that UA893 SFO-ICN was going to change planes, because "the pilot was not satisfied with the cleanliness of the rest rooms".

That is a new excuse... I don't know that I really need to know exactly what that means...
Old Apr 19, 09, 4:13 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by MNLGuy View Post
It was just announced that UA893 SFO-ICN was going to change planes, because "the pilot was not satisfied with the cleanliness of the rest rooms".

That is a new excuse... I don't know that I really need to know exactly what that means...
I do wonder if this meant the operability of the restrooms which is something that must be considered before departure. Being at SFO, they should be able to locate a spare plane. Good wishes and a pleasant eventual flight to you.
Old Apr 20, 09, 11:51 am
formerly MNLGuy

Programs: UA1K/MM DL AA
They did find another plane... and we left 1:15 late... and arrived 1:30 late...

Had 30 minutes to connect to the international flight (on OZ)... and amazingly the bags made it!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: