Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:30 pm

839 of the 31st set back to this (Thursday) morning -- see the Sydney Cancel/Delay thread................
Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA 857 on 03/29 -- What happened?

The plane showed up hours late and it was finally wheels-up 7 hours after the scheduled departure.

There was a cart of drinks at the gate but no food vouchers were being offered. On the plane we got forms to mail in for a "certificate"--no indication of what we would get.

SFO was under weather delays but I can't see that causing this to happen. I couldn't get a consistent story out of an UA people.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
The plane showed up hours late and it was finally wheels-up 7 hours after the scheduled departure.

There was a cart of drinks at the gate but no food vouchers were being offered. On the plane we got forms to mail in for a "certificate"--no indication of what we would get.

SFO was under weather delays but I can't see that causing this to happen. I couldn't get a consistent story out of an UA people.
Nothing to do with weather. They were short an aircraft account one went tech, and 870 ex-SYD didn't arrive that morning. So, they had to wait for the 744 off 901 from FRA.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Nothing to do with weather. They were short an aircraft account one went tech, and 870 ex-SYD didn't arrive that morning. So, they had to wait for the 744 off 901 from FRA.
So why didn't we get any food?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA/1K
UA 803 NRT-SIN - why does this flight get cancelled so often?

I've been on this flight a number of times in 2009 (about 5, with 7 trips.) Two times it's been cancelled and I got put on a Singapore Airlines flight NRT-SIN. Question: why does this flight get cancelled so often? Am I just that unlucky?

Unrelatedly, the last time it got cancelled, I got handed one of those "we're sorry" vouchers (not sure of their name, it's the international business reply post card) and proceeded to lose it. Any chance of bringing that issue up from the grave or is it long gone?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 6, 2010 at 8:00 am Reason: thread title unclear; now changed
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was on this flight in each direction some weeks ago and it went as scheduled.

No clue about your experience but I bet the people replying would be more knowledgable if this was moved to the UA forum.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
The 10 or 20 times I have flown it we flew as scheduled.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:08 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please stand-by for the move to our United forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz and United.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I don't take this leg too often, maybe 6 times in the last year, including a flight just a few days ago.

Can't say I've ever had one canceled, or remember being even delayed for that matter.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by neuf
...Two times it's been cancelled and I got put on a Singapore Airlines flight NRT-SIN. Question: why does this flight get cancelled so often? Am I just that unlucky?...
Is this your definition of unlucky?!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
Is this your definition of unlucky?!
If I had a confirmed upgrade to C, and I ended up in SQ Y after a flying in from IAD (or beyond), yeah, I might be a little peeved.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by YYZC2
If I had a confirmed upgrade to C, and I ended up in SQ Y after a flying in from IAD (or beyond), yeah, I might be a little peeved.
True, but the OP never mentioned that. Anyway, I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: UA/1K
Originally Posted by nomad1974
True, but the OP never mentioned that. Anyway, I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment.
I did actually have an SWU used and had upgraded on that flight, so I was mildly annoyed. But, since the IAD-NRT upgrade hadn't cleared, the SWU I was using went unused and got deposited back to my account.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: UA GS, MM, AA (EXP), SPG Platinum, Priority Club, Ambassador Platinum, Global Entry
I must be fortunate as I have flown this routing 20+ times in the last 4 years. And, have flown on-time and as scheduled as well as always receiving an opperation upgrade or my upgrade instrument was confirmed as requested each and every time.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like NRT-BKK gets dropped before NRT-SIN. I'd say NRT-BKK probably fails to fly ~ 7 times (out of 365) per year; NRT-SIN is probably ~ 4 times so yes, you've been unlucky. (Those are one-way SWAGs.)

Have you specifically missed just 803 those two times? Or maybe 803 one time and 804 one time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.