Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Old Dec 16, 08, 3:11 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
SFO-FRA UA/900 Dec 15 - delayed ~8 hours... anyone know why?

I was on LH's SFO-FRA and heard UA's SFO-FRA boarding at a nearby gate -- all seemed fine and it taxiied out well ahead of us. Just saw online that it took a huge delay. Anyone know why?
Old Dec 16, 08, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I just checked on line and it showed on time

Schedule to leave at 1:45 PM
Old Dec 16, 08, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
I just checked on line and it showed on time

Schedule to leave at 1:45 PM
OP said 12/15, yesterday.
Old Dec 26, 08, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Why long wait for final weight clearance

942 ORD-CDG was troubled yesterday (12/25 departure).

First we were 1.5 hours delayed due a late arriving a/c from LAX and that went on and on - our scheduled 6:19p departure became 7:50, then 8:10, then 8:30 and I think we finally left the gate at about 8:45 (2.5 hours late).

We THEN sat in the penalty box forever waiting for our final paperwork to come through (weight/balance, etc.). While we sat there we watched several other widebody UA flight taking off, so I don't think it was a general dispatch problem.

Why would a single flight take so long?

BTW, we were scheduled to arrive at 9:40a, arrived at about 12:40 and then our luggage was "delayed" at the belt. Fun times all around.
Old Dec 29, 08, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver (working on Gold), Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz 5*
UA881 ORD-NRT delayed on 12/28 due to "mental health problems"

Not sure if any fellow FTers were around to see this, but 881 had to return to the gate on Sunday because of someone with a "mental health problem" in the cabin. Did anyone see this?

From the way the announcement was made, it sounded as if some sort of obvious and comical outburst prompted this. I was sitting pretty upstairs so didn't notice anything...
Old Dec 30, 08, 12:44 am

Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO View Post
I was on LH's SFO-FRA and heard UA's SFO-FRA boarding at a nearby gate -- all seemed fine and it taxiied out well ahead of us. Just saw online that it took a huge delay. Anyone know why?
Same thing on 12/13. I know it was still sitting at the gate past 7 pm.
Old Dec 30, 08, 1:40 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
US will provide hotel for a 1P, but not for a GM (or 2P or 3P for that matter). See http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...EROUTE-AMENITY

First, I believe you meant UA not US right? Second, where does it say that UA will provide hotel for 1P? I though UA will provide hotel for 1K but not 1P.
Old Dec 30, 08, 3:08 am

Programs: UA 2P (depressed former 1k), Fairmont Plat, SPG, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N227UA View Post
First, I believe you meant UA not US right? Second, where does it say that UA will provide hotel for 1P? I though UA will provide hotel for 1K but not 1P.
*golds (i.e. 1P) on an international itinerary get accomodations in irregular ops, even if due to weather.
Old Jan 17, 09, 10:32 am

Jan 16th UA924 WAS-LHR delayed 10 hours

A 10 hour delay, due to mechanical :-(
Will cause UA919 LHR-WAS today to be 10 hours late departing LHR (9:35pm).
Anybody have any idea what the mechanical was?
Also very poorly handled at the airport. First told flight canceled. Called reservation and they did not have any idea. Got rebooked via FRA but missed the 45 min check bags before flight timeline by 5min. No understanding from staff. While getting rebooked for a new flight today found out that the flight was not canceled but just delayed. Asked why passengers where not informed. No reply and no explanation.
Old Jan 17, 09, 11:34 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
We were supposed to be on that flight, connecting from ORD-IAD, but managed to get rebooked on UA958 ORD-LHR, saving us a connection and getting us into LHR four hours earlier.

I am very glad we got an amenable GA to put us on 958. That flight delay would have seriously messed up our plans.
Old Jan 17, 09, 11:34 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
You meant to say IAD, since there is no WAS.
CS not knowing about this does not surprise me. I have argued with them on more than one occasion when they said the flight was not delayed, while it was in fact, delayed.
Old Jan 18, 09, 3:52 am

Anyone one on delayed UA 803 NRT-SIN Jan 18?

Just wondering if anyone is around either of the lounges waiting for the delayed inbound.

Sitting here wondering how they are going to turn this flight turned around in 1 hour.

Anyhow in the NH lounge with w8sn if anyone is around.

Ironically this is the 2nd flight in a row for me ex-NRT that has been delayed. Hope this trend doesn't continue on Friday
Old Jan 18, 09, 8:39 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
I was booked in F on this flight, and I thought that it was handled well by UA.

They made the decision to cancel it 2 hours before scheduled departure, and this left enough time for some alternative routings to still be possible. I was in the C gates IFL and was paged to reception.

I was offered:
1. Business class on the BA flight direct to LHR (BA had no F availability).
2. F class with UA to FRA, and a connection in business to LHR
3. Hotel accommodation and meals, and remain with the flight.

I took option 2, and as I type I'm waiting for my bags to be delivered to my house (UA @ LHR called to say they would be here shortly).

Not really sure what else UA could have done given the circumstances. ( & thanks to the UA IFL staff who were very helpful).
Old Jan 18, 09, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
There was a very similar delay to that rotation on 7 Jan - huge delay.
Old Jan 18, 09, 10:52 am

Programs: ConU 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer View Post
I was booked in F on this flight, and I thought that it was handled well by UA.

They made the decision to cancel it 2 hours before scheduled departure, and this left enough time for some alternative routings to still be possible. I was in the C gates IFL and was paged to reception.

I was offered:
1. Business class on the BA flight direct to LHR (BA had no F availability).
2. F class with UA to FRA, and a connection in business to LHR
3. Hotel accommodation and meals, and remain with the flight.

I took option 2, and as I type I'm waiting for my bags to be delivered to my house (UA @ LHR called to say they would be here shortly).

Not really sure what else UA could have done given the circumstances. ( & thanks to the UA IFL staff who were very helpful).
Good choice IMO
The IFL lounge was open? I thought it opened at 11 AM?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: