Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:55 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by inlandrev
What does customer mean? Sick or other?
You would need to ask your business partner...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
TPE - NRT UA 838 Monday 10/26 canceled WHY?

Anyone with insight know why the flight was canceled?

undersold? Mx?

Econ for Tue / Wed is booked to the gills
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Any way to kinda of figure out which actual plane TPE - NRT was supposed to be and then work back on ualcargo to find out if the incoming plane had a MX?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:52 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by chichow
Anyone with insight know why the flight was canceled?

undersold? Mx?
[KVS Availability Tool 5.1.2/Diamond - WSpan Operational Info: UA 838/26 Oct 2009]
Code:
F:838/26OCT                                                     
TPE SEE REMARKS BELOW                                           
NRT/0407CT/ARVS CNCLD               OFF   606P  .16L WX         
SFO/0909CT/ETA  1027A  .13L WX                                  
NRT/DELAYED INBOUND SECTION TERMINATES NRT NONCONNECTION DOWNLINE SECTION OPERATES FROM NRT                                     
TPENRT/PSGR PROT - FIRAV                                        
                   CK INDIVIDUAL PNRS                           
                   BAGS W/PSGRS                                 
TPE/LX/XX/0314CT/CNCLD/MECH                                     
)                                                               
>
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:07 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

11/25 - IRR Opps 882 NRT-ORD

What an utter disaster today. Shame on UA for letting this happen on one of the busiest travel days.

I was on 898 NRT-IAD, but 882 was canceled (claimed the flight never came in from ORD earlier).

So 90% of the 882 passengers were rerouted on 898.

I think the 1k line was more full than Group 1 2 and 3 together.

I am also a little bitter as I was #3 on the waitlist until all the 882 people were rebooked above me.

It could have been worse, (I was still in window seat 19A E+)
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
What an utter disaster today. Shame on UA for letting this happen on one of the busiest travel days.

I was on 898 NRT-IAD, but 882 was canceled (claimed the flight never came in from ORD earlier).

So 90% of the 882 passengers were rerouted on 898.

I think the 1k line was more full than Group 1 2 and 3 together.

I am also a little bitter as I was #3 on the waitlist until all the 882 people were rebooked above me.

It could have been worse, (I was still in window seat 19A E+)
Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that. Any chance to VDB and get confirmed C the next day?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What an utter disaster today. Shame on UA for letting this happen on one of the busiest travel days.....
Yes, a world class airlines only schedule mechanical delays on slow travel days.

Sorry to hear about it, hope your flight wasn't delayed much.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:38 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Japan RCC desk was 50 deep and at the gate was just as bad.

I did finally ask, as I was walking on board, the gate agent said "we rerouted everyone through the west coast" So I guess UA lucked out, SEA, SFO, LAX, and IAD have light enough loads to take an extra 50-70 passengers.

They said MX on a sign in the RCC, but I am calling BS on that. They could use any 747s coming up from TPE or BKK, and cancel or delay a later flight.

I think they used the plane for something else, if anyone can check for 882 on 11/25, I would be curious
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...I think they used the plane for something else, if anyone can check for 882 on 11/25, I would be curious
881 on 11/24 was cancelled. That aircraft normally turns around as 882 on 11/25.@:-)
Old Nov 25, 2009, 9:56 pm

11/24 UA914 IAD CDG 5 Hour Delay

This was my first flight with United to Europe I am used to logging atleast 10k BIS with UA domestically to Fresno or California from DC.

On the 24th me and my girlfriend were delayed on UA914 for a total of 5 hours on a mechanical delay and there was no compensation given, what should a top tier Continental Plat expect?

If it was a 2 hour delay that would have been acceptable but 5 and three aircraft swaps and 4 gate changes in 5 hours does not make me happy at all. To make things worse my AVOD was not working very well as well...the crew made up for the delay fabulously and served us meals as soon as we got underway so we could sleep for 4 hours!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'd e-mail [email protected] and see what they offer. 5-hours is too long, agreed. Good luck!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA MM
TPE-NRT

Today (11/26) my TPE-NRT flight was canceled, but they got my on Air China in time. 2 days ago the NRT-TPE flight was also killed (I got on Delta). I just discoved that this deleted my return flight, so now I'm in a middle + seat on a full NRT-LAX return.

At least this convinces me of the value of 1k, as other pax didn't get put on other airlines. Hopefully I'll get miles, as I'm barely making 1k this year.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 2:50 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by usa18dca
To make things worse my AVOD was not working very well as well...
You may have to wait several years for AVOD to be working on a United 777.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: UA MP 1K ,AAEXP, Dollar, Marriott Gold,Hertz Gold,SIXT Platnium, CBP Global Entry,Starwood Gold
mechinical delay, UA881 NRT-BKK question...

Mrs. 1kwannabe and I were on our first transpac in c (XC) on November 10, 2009. Flight left Chicago late for some reason, yet boarded on time. Upon arrival in NRT, 881 to BKK was delayed until 8:30 pm..
We left the ANA lounge and proceded to the gate (31 or 33 I think) about 7:45, assuming 45 min to board. Standard annoucement of "only 10-15 minutes we will be boarding UA 881 to BKK". 8:30 came and went with no explanation. Boarding began around 8:50 or 9 and left around 9:30. Arrival time in BKK was scheduled to be 11:45pm. We landed at around 2:35am Bangkok time.

My question is this, while talking to others in the C/F red carpet line, the nice gentelman behind us noticed we were 1P. He said something to the GA about the delay, she politely said something mechanical. Seems it was something in one of the bathrooms or something. He thanked her and told me to not to forgot to write 1p voice about the delay. We were not late for any type of buisness meeting, though we had a half day tour departing at 7am. We slept good in the seats from ORD and NRT, so stayed up when we got to the Marriott. Only expense on our part was about 7 usd to use my cell phone to call Marriott to reschedule our limo.
What is the proper tact or course to write 1p about the mechanical delay???
Should I write due to not being inconvienced to much minus the limo reschedule.
Sorry this is so lengthy, but wanted to convey as much info as possible.
As always, thank you FT's for your advice and help
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:36 am
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Very likely that you'll get an auto-email. Otherwise, just feel free to write what you just wrote. What would you like in compensation? What do you think is reasonable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.