Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL: 1P and *AG get Priority Boarding thru the Economy Lane as of Nov 12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL: 1P and *AG get Priority Boarding thru the Economy Lane as of Nov 12

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by chrisw
On most of my flights recently, the GA has called "Premier Executive and Premier" after the 1K/UGS/FIRST group. Have others experienced this? With the execption of Premier Line pax, and possible 3Ps, nearly all of seating 1 is "Premier Executive or Premier." This makes the PR EXEC group essentially useless.
Same thing happened this month to me - GA called "Premier Executive and Premier" after red carpet boarding. There were several seating 1's lined up in front of me even before the GA made the announcement.

John

Last edited by takor; Jan 29, 2009 at 9:45 pm
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Ari
Re-read the OP-- and read it again.
Nice catch.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by takor
Same thing happened this month to me - GA called "Premier Executive and Premier" after red carpet boarding. There were several seating 1's lined up in front of me even before the GA made the announcement.

John
Maybe UA needs to change the names. I was sitting next to a 1k, and I read his BP, which read, "premier exec 1k". I didn't see the 1k part and I thought he was prem exec. They should just do "premier," "executive", and "1k" to avoid this confusion.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I can't think of any flight from the change on where the agents didn't explicitly say 1P and *g first, and then boarding 1. This would include DEN mostly, with some MSY, ORD, IAD, SFO (I know mostly hubs), the only exception is SJD. But most employees at SJD are contract employees so "MP" is what the plane is after everyone gets off. No priority tags, no priority boarding, no nothin'...

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I was sitting next to a 1k, and I read his BP, which read, "premier exec 1k".
So did you see his BP because is was on gold stock facing outward in his pocket.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 30, 2009 at 1:03 am
Old Feb 25, 2009, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
Going out of DFW on Friday a 1P was all queued up (quite eagerly so) on the red carpet when they announced boarding starting for F/1K/GS he handed the GA his BP and she nicely told him not yet that...blah blah, then he replied: "I thought we could board with first class now?" she told him nope and pointed over to the blue carpet line which already had 50+ people in it (100% full flight) he promptly inserted himself at the front of that line, which seemed rather douchey to me but no one complained that I saw. I'm wondering if we arent going to see more of this for awhile until this change sets in.
What did you want him to do? Go down the line asking people one by one "are you 1P" until he figured out who to stand in front of?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
This process isn't working at all for my weekly flights ORD-CLT-ORD. Every week both at ORD & CLT I see several Seating Area 1 BPs ... the GA will call 1P & *G and it's a standard SWA cattle call. The GAs never turn back the 2Ps and tell them to wait.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by takor
I actually heard more along the line of "Global/1K/first class/Premier Exec". Causes great confusion when I was 1P.

Then again, the OLCI boarding pass still shows the giant PR EXEC even when i'm upgraded to first or business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.