Wiki Posts
Search

Please don’t check my coffee!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; CO Plat; Hilton Dimond; Marriott 3/3
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't see a reference to food, but at http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1032,00.html they do say
The GA in my case explicitly mentioned bags of food purchased in the concourse.

So, if you plan to buy lunch, better make sure it fits in your bag! (I bet if you check it, it'll be cold by the time you get to your destination!)
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Since hats are specifically excluded from the carryon limit, just put the bag of food on your head and you should be fine...
Old Nov 1, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
At PHX Gate 3 a couple of weeks ago, the GA announced that UA would be fined $10,000 per occurance by the FAA for letting people on board with more than one bag and one personal item, and that they must absolutely be consolidated. I just started laughing... fortunately the GA didn't see me.
She would be correct, actually. The FAA leaves each individual airline to develop and implement their own carry-on program, but this is then reviewed and approved by the FAA, at which point the airline is held accountable for deviating from it, at the cost of $10,000 per occurrance caught by the FAA. It sounds extreme, but that is what we've been told.

Of course, most of the carry-ons I see are gate checked regardless just because of limited cabin space on UAX aircraft.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Quality ground staff on a power trip. Ugh.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:56 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Quality ground staff on a power trip. Ugh.
Indeed...
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:18 pm

Since hats are specifically excluded from the carryon limit, just put the bag of food on your head and you should be fine...
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
^ And that might even get a laugh out of the GA!
Old Nov 2, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
That sounds like something my mother said to me as a boy -- "You can either eat it or wear it!"

But you're apparently doing both!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.