E*TRADE defected to Delta!

Old Feb 8, 2000, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
E*TRADE defected to Delta!

Hey-
Did you guys know that E*TRADE just packed up and left UA MP for Delta SkyMiles? I have been trying to send someone a referral...now I know why it hadn't worked after two tries: they don't deal with UA anymore! Phooey. I don't know about anyone else, but thought the E*TRADE promotions with UA were great.

[This message has been edited by flaii (edited 02-08-2000).]
Old Feb 8, 2000, 6:48 pm
Original Member

Really? I just got a letter yesterday offering me 25,000 UA miles for transferring in $50,000.
Old Feb 8, 2000, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just got a packet from eTradew yesterday offering UA miles for opening an account. Where did you get your information?
Old Feb 10, 2000, 9:19 am

E*TRADE is most definitely still in Mileage Plus...its just that the referral offer (for either MP or SkyMiles) is out because it cost E*TRADE way too much money to keep awarding all of those bonus miles. E*TRADE justed wanted to position itself with both UA and DL because of the quasi UA-DL "partnership".
Old Feb 10, 2000, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

I was online a few days ago, and I noticed that there wasn't any mention of UA MP anywhere. Just go online to www.etrade.com Even after I logged onto my account, there was no option of referring other people to E*TRADE, as there had been before. The offers for new accounts that you set up over the phone are still valid, though, I think until 2/29/00, according to an ad in Hemispheres this month. I've given up after three tries to refer someone to E*TRADE and my receiving party hadn't gotten anything.
Old Feb 12, 2000, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

You're probably right pattius. I should have done the referral thing earlier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.