Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

San Francisco United Airlines First Class Lounge access policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco United Airlines First Class Lounge access policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: UA- 1P
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
XC definitely gets access... it is considered full C. Z is not.
I guess I can see that there is some sense in this nonsense.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:26 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by courcoison
While flying on a First Class Lufthansa reward ticket I was denied access to the United international First Class lounge upon my return while waiting for a United Airlines connecting flight.
Can you please clarify, with a physical description, exactly where the lounge your were trying to access in SFO is located?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ozstamps

Or NC as I generally wangle if I need access, via a 'cute accent'.
You can pull it off at (occaisionly) some stations (lhr for me), but i have NEVER been able to at FRA RCC arrival. They are a tough crowd. Ok though because you can just go to the LH lounge, i just like the h2o kit they give you at the FRA arrival
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by UALfromMSN

I'm thinking OP has First Class Lounge and Arrivals mixed up, unless by some fluke they were running SFO-PHX flights out of the Int'l terminal, in which case, the First Class lounge would come into play, but he still wouldn't get access.
Yes he would.

Same day *A international F ticket gets you into the IFL so long as you are in transit to a connecting *A flight.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Lounge access policy in general is for DEPARTING pax, not arriving pax however.
Not true in the context of UA and *A rules

Lounge access policy in general is determined by the possession of same day *A BPs and onward *A travel
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:05 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
There is no restriction that prevents an arriving pax from lounge access...so long as the pax is in transit connecting to another *A flight. Even if the connecting flight doesn't qualify the pax for lounge access.
That is my understanding.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Ari
That is my understanding.
+2

When I came back from LHR in F and was transiting to LAS, they gladly let me in. While I was there, a passenger just arrived on a LH flight in F and was going onward. No issue whatsoever.

Edited to add: This was actually at ORD. But the point of this is that it is allowed and should not matter what IFL it is in the system.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 29, 2008 at 12:55 pm Reason: more color
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
With all of these byzantine rules I'm surprised that anybody can actually use these lounges.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by mrswirl
With all of these byzantine rules I'm surprised that anybody can actually use these lounges.
my head is spinning trying to make order out of that
Old Oct 29, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by work2fly
Yes he would.

Same day *A international F ticket gets you into the IFL so long as you are in transit to a connecting *A flight.
Where is the SFO IFL? In the international terminal or terminal 3? If international terminal, how does a passenger arriving from overseas and connecting to, say, PHX gain access the IFL?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Generally speaking, they don't, because TSA won't let them through.

So I fail to understand whether it was TSA that denied the OP, or the people at the UA IFL?

If he actually got through TSA and to the IFL, he should have probably been let in on the basis of an LH same-day F boarding pass, but isn't there a rule that lounges are departure lounges?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: 1K-whatever it worth
My 2 cents

As far as i remember, you can't access SFO UA First Class Lounge on arrival unless your in transit for another international flight.
There is United Arrivals SuiteSM in United domestic terminal, but it's open until 12:30PM and i assume your flight had arrived later that day. Your only option was, in my opinion, regular RCC, but there is no shower.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Generally speaking, they don't, because TSA won't let them through.

So I fail to understand whether it was TSA that denied the OP, or the people at the UA IFL?

If he actually got through TSA and to the IFL, he should have probably been let in on the basis of an LH same-day F boarding pass, but isn't there a rule that lounges are departure lounges?
You're correct that the lounges are departure lounges - hence the requirement for an onward *A BP. However, the onward BP may be trumped by another same day BP when determining which lounge the pax has access to...
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by stevenshev
but isn't there a rule that lounges are departure lounges?
He is departing on another flight after flying International F, so he is technically "departing".
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
He is departing on another flight after flying International F, so he is technically "departing".
Right, but the access to the IFL is based on the F class, which is not the departing flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.