FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   UA will inauguration from IAD-DXB on Sunday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/881000-ua-will-inauguration-iad-dxb-sunday.html)

N830MH Oct 24, 08 4:05 pm

UA will inauguration from IAD-DXB on Sunday

Hi all,

UA will inauguration first-ever nonstop from IAD-DXB beginning on Oct. 26, 2008. It will be operated on 777 aircraft. So here the article news releases from UA:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081023/aqth532.html?.v=25

Thanks all.

Regards

cstead Oct 24, 08 4:43 pm

I know of at least one FTer+1 on this flight^

MatthewLAX Oct 24, 08 4:47 pm

I hope they keep this route for a while. It will be nice to have one-stop service to ISB on UA/EK if things ever calm down there.

sharmaintl Oct 24, 08 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 10573049)
I hope they keep this route for a while. It will be nice to have one-stop service to ISB on UA/EK if things ever calm down there.

It also serves as a shorter (than via the EU) 1-stop service to India. One can connect to AI, EK or 9W at DXB. This will be great as AI is joining *A and EK and 9W are both now UA partners.

N830MH Oct 24, 08 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by cstead (Post 10573030)
I know of at least one FTer+1 on this flight^

You do? You know some of FTs members who on this flight from IAD-DXB? How? :confused:

flyinbob Oct 24, 08 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 10573272)
You do? You know some of FTs members who on this flight from IAD-DXB? How? :confused:

I think he means himself.

xman712 Oct 24, 08 7:27 pm

I'm on this flight Monday evening - missed it by one day!

Benny8444 Oct 24, 08 8:01 pm

I will most likely be going back to Dubai in early 2009. It will be interesting to see if UA is releasing NC space on this flight. It will also be cool to see if the premium cabins will be selling. I can imagine most of the pax will be connecting pax as people from the east coast can take EK from JFK. Hopefully UA will make money off of it.

Astriker Oct 24, 08 8:39 pm

Just over a month ago that flight was pretty wide open, with more Non Revs then Revenue Pax. Hope it picked up a bit since then and will more in the future.

Glad to see this exciting destination added, had a great trip there in August, visiting and staying at the Jumeirah Hotels was a treat too.

endobert Oct 24, 08 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 10572845)

uhh...

"United Flight 976 will depart Washington Dulles at 10:02 p.m. Sunday and land at Dubai International Airport at 6:44 a.m. Monday, local time. On October 27, United Flight 977 will depart Dubai 11:30 p.m. and arrive in Washington at 6:44 a.m. the following day."

Way to go, PR people. ^

:rolleyes:

mahasamatman Oct 24, 08 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyinbob (Post 10573398)
I think he means himself.

And you can find more in the main thread.

N830MH Oct 24, 08 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by endobert (Post 10574182)
uhh...

"United Flight 976 will depart Washington Dulles at 10:02 p.m. Sunday and land at Dubai International Airport at 6:44 a.m. Monday, local time. On October 27, United Flight 977 will depart Dubai 11:30 p.m. and arrive in Washington at 6:44 a.m. the following day."

Way to go, PR people. ^

:rolleyes:

I think you meant it was wrong time but, it should be exact correctly the flight schedules will be arrived into DXB around in between 7 or 8pm. I am not sure which time is that. :confused:

xman712 Oct 26, 08 9:08 pm

transfer at DXB

All,

I'm flying IAD-DXB tomorrow night and transferring to DXB-BLR (separate ticket).

Does anyone know how easy the process is? Will I have to exit completely or can I just go to the transfer desk, have EK print my onward boarding pass there, and then re-enter the departing gate area?

Thanks!

poiz01 Oct 26, 08 9:32 pm

Just flew into IAD tonight so decided to venture over to C2 where some light festivities were going on. Had some decorations set up along with a few speakers, photo ops, food and drinks, and then some high-ups and the captain cut the ribbon to begin boarding. Flight didn't look too full with plenty of names on the cleared list and a few waiting for seats with a decent amount remaining some 40 minutes before departure.

DCGuy Oct 28, 08 10:46 am

I'm anxious to hear about this experience. Flying DXB-IAD in early November.