Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seatpicker on web tx purchases?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 1999, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Seatpicker on web tx purchases?

What's the deal with NEVER being able to pick a seat on my tkts I'm buying on UA's website? The java app comes up but it says that it's not available for the flight and asks me to close the window. It never seems to work.

Given that, should I be calling the Prem line to get seat assignments before showing up at the gate? (Sorry, novice question.) TIA
Old Aug 7, 1999, 2:24 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
These seat pickers seem to be of marginal value, especially considering the stories of not getting the seats picked anyway.

Personally I like DL's system of just assigning the best available seat based on your status and window/aisle preference. Their seat assigner usually does a very good job, including putting two passengers on the two seat side of the plane when appropriate.
Old Aug 7, 1999, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always had a problem with Internet Explorer and the seat mapper. When using Netscape...no problem. And I've never had or heard of it somehow not giving you the seat you have selected (if available). The only time I've every had a seat assignment change was when the airline changed equipment type.
Old Aug 7, 1999, 6:20 pm

I just booked 2 award tickets on UA's site and had no problem picking seats. System seemed to work easily & quickly. I'm using Netscape 4.6
Old Aug 7, 1999, 6:58 pm

Something strange here.

Been picking seats on the disc based system for about two years and always have them on the itinery and subsequent flight. Only occasionally do I get the "Seat Chart Not Available" window.

When we reached premier last year it even started showing the forward 'otherwise unavailable' seats in a different shade and made them available instead of all X'd out.

In short, I have always been truly impressed by the United Connection and if they ever get our senior status incorporated on the web based system I'll be even happier.

(Would it be too obvious to add my MP # just in case UNITED is lurking and likes these flowers?)
Old Aug 7, 1999, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

C. Neil, happy days for "senior status" seats have been on the internet for some time now. The internet version of United Connection does show and allow booking into the restricted Premier seating zones.
Old Aug 7, 1999, 8:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I have never, ever got the seat selector to work. Doesn't matter if it's IExplorer, Netscape, or the AOL browser.
Old Aug 15, 1999, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA MP, AA Advantage, IHG, HH
Most of the time I have had no problem with the Seat Picker on UA's website, however there have been a few times a certain leg would not show seats. I just call and have reservations lock the desired seat to my PNR.

------------------
Getting Closer to The Million Mile Dream!
Old Aug 15, 1999, 11:13 pm
Original Member

I am about 0 for 20 in getting the seat picker to work on United Connection's web site. I always use the latest Internet Explorer.
Old Aug 16, 1999, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
I've been able to select seats using the picker on "regular" UA flights without a hitch. I've used Netscape 4.x and IE 4.x browsers. I can't choose seats on Shuttle (I'm only Premier), Express, or codeshare flights.

Even when I forgot to choose seats on my last award reservation, the system gave me the seats I wanted anyway, that was nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.