What's happened with 1K Voice?

Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
still hoping this is a system merger transition issue
Has anyone tried something like goldvoice, silvervoice, platinumvoice, etc, that might work under the new system?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Superguy
Has anyone tried something like goldvoice, silvervoice, platinumvoice, etc, that might work under the new system?
Don't forget "diamondvoice" - that's what COdbaUA wanted 1K to be called
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
My email to 1K voice just got me a phone call from customer service! It must still be working, for now.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:15 am

Emailed worked in the beginning of September, and now it does not "delivery failure". Thanks United for clarifying further how much you value 1K business.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Emailed worked in the beginning of September, and now it does not "delivery failure". Thanks United for clarifying further how much you value 1K business.
I e-mailed 1KVoice 4 days ago and received the standard auto response. No actually response yet.

Hopefully the "delivery failure" is just a technical glitch.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Given how much longer it takes me as 1k to get in touch with a live UA rep relative to how long it takes me to get ahold of AA and DL reps (all airlines in which I have elite status of some sort), it is rather clear how little value UA values the 1k business.

The reps answering the phone do certainly try hard, but their management has been hardly backing them up as far as I am concerned -- not a good situation AFAIAC.

This period at UA reminds me of the period before DL gutted SkyMiles to the point of becoming SkyPesos even for those with DL top-tier elite status who earned the status exclusively from annual flying.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given how much longer it takes me as 1k to get in touch with a live UA rep relative to how long it takes me to get ahold of AA and DL reps (all airlines in which I have elite status of some sort), it is rather clear how little value UA values the 1k business.
In the past 3+ months I've never had it take more than about 30 seconds to get through to an agent.

Email is definitely still behind though - an email I sent on August 11 didn't get a reply until the 21st - but once they did reply further replies on the same issue were answered within hours.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I e-mailed 1KVoice 4 days ago and received the standard auto response. No actually response yet.
I just got a response from a message submitted on the 7th. The response was "go away and talk to Mileage Plus". So much for 1K = 1Kall.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I e-mailed 1KVoice 4 days ago and received the standard auto response. No actually response yet. ...
I just got a response from a message submitted on the 7th. The response was "go away and talk to Mileage Plus". So much for 1K = 1Kall.
After 10 day I got a "response" concerning ExpertMode disappearance. The "response" was nothing more than they will past it on (yipeee!) and nothing about the plan to re-offer ExpertMode. sighhhh...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
It's official; 1Kvoice confirmed that they will not handle any Mileage Plus issues for 1K's any more. A change we'll like, I suppose.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
After 10 day I got a "response" concerning ExpertMode disappearance. The "response" was nothing more than they will past it on (yipeee!) and nothing about the plan to re-offer ExpertMode. sighhhh...
COdbaUA should just get rid of 1KVoice.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

COdbaUA should just get rid of 1KVoice.
Well as they are hell bent on getting rid of loyal 1Ks, that figgers.

Kettles Are KING.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Well as they are hell bent on getting rid of loyal 1Ks, that figgers.

Kettles Are KING.
[email protected]?

[email protected]?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
It's official; 1Kvoice confirmed that they will not handle any Mileage Plus issues for 1K's any more. A change we'll like, I suppose.
Maybe, although recently "customer service" called me (after an email I sent to the 1K voice email) and offered to fix some missing mileage credit - which they did within 24 hours.

Hopefully, reports of their demise are greatly exaggerated.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I have another data point indicating the same. During the last week, they've sorted out two retroactive mileage credits for me - one that I'd requested three times before, one twice. In each case, I had a proper response by e-mail within 48 hours, and the miles were posted within 48 hours after that. Credit where credit is due - this is actually significantly better than what I was used to at pmUA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.