Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's happened with 1K Voice?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Illegible, incompetent responses to complaints from your best customers = POOR MANAGEMENT.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Sent off a couple of emails in the past week. All were followed up promptly and only 1 felt like a cut and paste job. Did not get a "we will reply" email from most of them.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I had a serious issue in intl F last week. I wrote 1Kvoice, and within three days had a personal response that addressed my problem specifically, with with the resolution I had expected. It simply worked.

I guess MMV!
Old Oct 22, 2008, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Do they keep track of the letters to 1K voice to see who is complaining the most? Does it have any impact on the response times/responses?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:01 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
New auto response from 1kvoice:

Thank you for your message. You may expect a reply between 2 – 3 business days.

If you need immediate attention, please call our toll free number at (800) xxx-xxxx and select the appropriate option. You will be connected, on a priority basis, with one of our most experienced agents.

Thank you for your business and for choosing United Airlines.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Unresponsive 1kvoice

Seems like 1kvoice takes days (if at all) to respond to you. I've emailed DL and US (as zero-status passengers) and have gotten a much quicker turn around. I guess it isn't a surprise with UA's customer service.

Now of course I could send an email to 1kvoice saying this, but what's the point ...

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 17, 2008 at 5:36 pm Reason: already an existing thread on this topic
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're angry about days? I'd understand if you were mad about weeks, but days? This is UA were talking about!

I generally get a response from 1Kvoice within 4-7 days, which seems average.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
I know not to expect too much from UA these days ... I am just surprised DL and US (which are also US-based airlines) were much better even when I had no status ...

Anyway, just after I sent this, I got a reply for 1kvoice that clearly showed that they didn't read my first email properly ... so here we go again ... another turnaround ...
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I wouldn't worry about not getting a response...give them a couple weeks at least.

BTW, I was pleasently surprised that an e-mail I sent to NW was answered within five minutes last week.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
You're angry about days? I'd understand if you were mad about weeks, but days? This is UA were talking about!

I generally get a response from 1Kvoice within 4-7 days, which seems average.
This is about average for me too, including a second response from 1K Voice just a few minutes ago. Their first reply (about 6 days) was miserable, so I sent back and got an acceptable reply in another 5 days.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
Seems like 1kvoice takes days (if at all) to respond to you.

Perhaps they are presently swamped by respondents to Ozstamps campaign for reclassifying next years SWUs?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by dartagnan
I got a cut and paste from Bhapashnar or some similar Indian name.

Didn't really address the issue with any intelligence, but did offer poor compensation.
I sent a question as to why I was charged for a drink in first - the jumbled response from Ms. India said something about not serving alcohol to inebriated passengers. Considering it was my first drink of the day, I don't think that is why she would CHARGE me for a drink!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
When Song was around, I remember sending them emails multiple times a day...maybe 6 or 7 at the most each day. Every email was answered within 30 minutes or so.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 2.2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Exec, Hertz President's Club, Starwood Gold
I've emailed 1K voice several times recently to compliment various CSRs for good service on the phone. I typically get a personalized response (based on form letter) back in 48 hours.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Motel 6 Tin
1KVoice an Utter and Complete Joke

A week ago, I sent 1KVoice an email inquiring why my Elite Choice selection of 2 additional SWUs (selected on January 18) had not yet posted to my MP account.

So far, no response from 1KVoice. The SWUs (which I would really like to use) have still not posted.

Why do I bother being loyal to United? I have no answer. I guess United employees think they are government employees immune to competitive market forces.

So be it. At least, for the time being, Americans still have choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.