Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Singapore Spacebed in business class or risk an old first class suite on UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Spacebed in business class or risk an old first class suite on UA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
If you consider the SQ 747 cabins to be dusty, I wonder what adjective you would use to describe any cabin in the UA fleet ?
Duct tape-ish?

No seriously, I find UA's 777s offer quiet fresh an atmosphere. No idea why the SpaceBed interior aged sooooo quickly.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by weero
I had to endure the terrible SQ flights PER-SYD and the dusty old cabins on the 747 SYD-SIN several times.
This thread is really making me regret picking this SQ flight we'll be taking next month. At least the rest of the CPAC is in UA F suites, and it's only one segment.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: Lots
Na. LH's C seat is ways superior to SQ's spacebed IMO.
Where "superior" = 3+ inches narrower and a great deal more angled, I agree. Otherwise I see no way to justify these comments.

So I strongly disagree with your assessment - your Mac doesn't suck 85 watts obviously. That is the mere ceiling in consumption.
Obviously yes. 84W while charging.

dusty old cabins on the 747 SYD-SIN several times.
More than anything, I'd love to see an example of "dusty old cabins" on SQ.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:07 am

Programs: United 1K 2.6MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold and ton of others on the bottom run.
I've flown both products and its individual taste. In addition it depends on which route your going on, out of SFO or LAX and if your taking the day time flight or that great early morning SFO-Hong Kong bird.

Singapore has great food, great service (scenery factor is excellent), great IFE. Space Bed is ok to sleep on you just need to know how to not fall off. ICN, HKG i love those airports, never flown via Taipei so cant comment.

United - the bed is horizontal and the sleep is lot better. Sorry I cant say the food is great at all, or if the IFE but you can bring your own. Service is ok, they always been polite but the scenery factor just doesnt do it. Mileage plus bonus for your status. NRT is ok but not great.

Are you flying there and back as well? Another factor is when you can sleep? Nighttime flights i rather take United, but if its daytime Singapore because I'm not going to sleep.

And finally who is paying for it, you seen the cost of united recently. I just ended up on Singapore last Saturday to ICN because united was 3 times the price just for business.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Axey
Where "superior" = 3+ inches narrower and a great deal more angled, I agree. Otherwise I see no way to justify these comments..[snip]..Obviously yes. 84W while charging.
That makes me think that you definitely must have been on a different service than my poor SYD-SIN 747s. None of the seats (I tested 7 total), reached 70 Watts!

Another issue compared to the LH seat: it is hardly adjustable, has very limited settings.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This thread is really making me regret picking this SQ flight we'll be taking next month. At least the rest of the CPAC is in UA F suites, and it's only one segment.
Don't worry, I am very obviously the only living frequent flyer who finds the Space Bed to be inferior to modern seats.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: Lots
That makes me think that you definitely must have been on a different service than my poor SYD-SIN 747s. None of the seats (I tested 7 total), reached 70 Watts!
Or you had a bird with a faulty empower system.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Axey
Or you had a bird with a faulty empower system.
You mean 8x the same faulty bird !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.