FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Sheets in UA Int'l F? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/871500-sheets-ua-intl-f.html)

PanHam Sep 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/546; U; en))

Question: Does UA provide sheets in International First (something tells me they do not). If no, would it look odd if I brought my own sheet? Knowing the hygenic conditions of UA's seats, I'm not sure I'd want to be so intimately bedded in one without a sheet.

Gracias.

SeaMeFly Sep 30, 2008 5:51 pm

No the don't and no it wouldn't look odd as I've seen people are doing that plus changing to their pj's.

mahasamatman Sep 30, 2008 5:56 pm

If you're worried about the seat, I suggest you bring your own blanket as well.

PanHam Sep 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Ah, fantastic. Methinks I'll bring a pair of sweats to change into, and pretend it's a pair of SQ pajamas. :(

UnitedF1RST Sep 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by PanHam (Post 10449747)

Ah, fantastic. Methinks I'll bring a pair of sweats to change into, and pretend it's a pair of SQ pajamas. :(

Thats exacatly what i do ;)

AlanInDC Sep 30, 2008 6:23 pm

On my ORD-CDG trip several weeks ago in business class, I brought a pillow case and fitted sheet (single sized). I fit 3 UA pillows into my pillowcase (yes, there were many empty seats so lots of extra UA pillows). I think next time I'll just bring the pillowcase. For me, the big issue is having my face against the seat -- or a UA pillow -- while sleeping (yuk). Otherwise, I'm wearing clothes (I did change into sweat pants) and I use the UA blanket up to my waist or a bit more.

OskiBear Sep 30, 2008 6:27 pm

You might want to consider a sleep sack instead of a basic sheet. probably less complicated and when you move around, you'll always be on your sheet versus having the sheet slip out from under you.

http://www.rei.com/product/690012

PanHam Sep 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks for the good ideas, folks!

cstead Sep 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Airplane seats in general make me wish I was wearing a giant body condom.

For my past trips in UA F, I brought my own sheet. Not only was it slightly more hygienic, but the familiar softness and smell helped me fall asleep faster

kevinsac Sep 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Or, just bring ...

Originally Posted by PanHam (Post 10449747)
a pair of SQ pajamas.

from a previous flight with them. ;)

mahasamatman Sep 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by kevinsac (Post 10450299)
from a previous flight with them.

or from eBay.

PanHam Sep 30, 2008 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 10450379)
or from eBay.

Or, I could actually take them. Oh, wait . . . United won't give me any availability. :td:

transpac-canuck Oct 1, 2008 12:03 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 10449720)
If you're worried about the seat, I suggest you bring your own blanket as well.

To be fair, at least on SFO-PEK/PVG/HKG, I've always been given a blanket that is sealed in plastic when I'm in First. They do launder the blankets in F, unlike many of the Y blankets that are so often simply refolded and put back in the seats.

UA840 Oct 2, 2008 10:32 pm

The first time I changed into PJs for a transpac I was AMAZED! I could not believe how much better it was than staying in jeans. I must say that prior to trying it myself I always thought changing into PJs a bit odd. No longer, it simply makes for a whole different flight.

RichardInSF Oct 2, 2008 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by transpac-canuck (Post 10451127)
To be fair, at least on SFO-PEK/PVG/HKG, I've always been given a blanket that is sealed in plastic when I'm in First. They do launder the blankets in F, unlike many of the Y blankets that are so often simply refolded and put back in the seats.

Sealing it in plastic does not necessarily mean it has been laundered!