Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Washington Times - United Admits to StarNet Blocking!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington Times - United Admits to StarNet Blocking!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ande777emt
What routes? I hope not ORD-FRA.
ORD-FRA, SFO-FRA, IAD-FRA, etc....
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS mvp gold UA 1K HH Gold
Was able to book a CO saver award for my brother CLE-EWR-LHR today. Just transferred the miles and was a bit flexible. Did not get first choice on dates, but it will work.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Anomoly??

Wanting to fly SFO-MUC in March of next year looking to use miles for F for 2on LH. The ANA tool showed award space and United's website didn't (I find it very cranky most of the time when looking for Star Alliance) space. Well I figured I'd call the desk just in case, and they found the space right away. Go figure.

Should we call this reverse Ney Blocking???
Old May 6, 2011, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Wanting to fly SFO-MUC in March of next year looking to use miles for F for 2on LH. The ANA tool showed award space and United's website didn't (I find it very cranky most of the time when looking for Star Alliance) space. Well I figured I'd call the desk just in case, and they found the space right away. Go figure.

Should we call this reverse Ney Blocking???
The United website shows only a very limited amount of Star Alliance availability. I know U.S. Air is there, but I doubt LH is.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by rjque
I doubt LH is.
Check again

Its supposed to be there... but the reality may be different, after all, its .bomb
Old May 7, 2011, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Check again

Its supposed to be there... but the reality may be different, after all, its .bomb
Well, that's certainly good news. And a good point about .bomb.
Old May 7, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by rjque
The United website shows only a very limited amount of Star Alliance availability. I know U.S. Air is there, but I doubt LH is.
LH is there you just have to click the option at the top that says star alliance, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (this has been my experience most of the time). I find to get it to work more frequently and (this is still a gamble becasue it's still .bomb) you have to go to my milegae plus page and click the link for star alliance bookings..

My point was that ANA saw it, .bomb didn't but reservations did see the flight. That was truly odd to me.
Old May 10, 2011, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Haven't experienced any problems in at least a year, but hitting a road (*net) block this week.

United is telling me there are no seats available NRT-BKK on TG for a day that ANA and AC list every cabin (on both TG flights) being open with multiple seats. It is really screwing up the second leg of my current NH F award.

Initially there was "nothing available" but in the last few days UA opened up F space. No thank you.
Old May 10, 2011, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Haven't experienced any problems in at least a year, but hitting a road (*net) block this week.

United is telling me there are no seats available NRT-BKK on TG for a day that ANA and AC list every cabin (on both TG flights) being open with multiple seats. It is really screwing up the second leg of my current NH F award.

Initially there was "nothing available" but in the last few days UA opened up F space. No thank you.
Ugh. If this becomes part of the new UA/CO, I'm done. AA here I come.
Old May 10, 2011, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
United is telling me there are no seats available NRT-BKK on TG for a day that
Did you try looking for the flights on Continental.com - it now shows F availability. It would be interesting to know whether the flights are blocked there too.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Did you try looking for the flights on Continental.com - it now shows F availability. It would be interesting to know whether the flights are blocked there too.
I just tried this and it shows!!! Now to call UA and see what they say.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkaradi
LH is there you just have to click the option at the top that says star alliance, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (this has been my experience most of the time).
Tried an intra-EU itinerary incl FRA, e.g. LH. No dice despite changing dates & just checking single city pairs. LH M&M showed all flights available. ^
Old May 10, 2011, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Tried an intra-EU itinerary incl FRA, e.g. LH. No dice despite changing dates & just checking single city pairs. LH M&M showed all flights available. ^
LH can show additional availability for their own flights over and above that available for other *A carriers.

Called UA back in relation to the post a few up where the TG NRT-BKK flights were being zeroed by UA. On the same day TG HKG-BKK and TG ICN-BKK are also zeroed. Award seats for these flights, in most, if not all cabins, on all flights, are available as shown by AC, ANA, CO.
Old May 11, 2011, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update on the aforementioned blocking: TG intra-Asia is being blocked completely on May 14. No TG flights can be booked via UA on TG exPEK, exSIN, exHKG, exDPS, exMNL, exiICN, exNRT. I did not check on PNH, KUL, RGN, SGN, HAN.

The 13th and 15th are showing the same availability as other carriers (AC, ANA, CO) which is wide open.

While it is incredibly frustrating I just can't understand the rationale behind this and wonder what is at play here.
Old May 11, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: QR platinum
Update on the aforementioned blocking: TG intra-Asia is being blocked completely on May 14. No TG flights can be booked via UA on TG exPEK, exSIN, exHKG, exDPS, exMNL, exiICN, exNRT. I did not check on PNH, KUL, RGN, SGN, HAN.

The 13th and 15th are showing the same availability as other carriers (AC, ANA, CO) which is wide open.

While it is incredibly frustrating I just can't understand the rationale behind this and wonder what is at play here.
A possible solution is to transfer some miles to your CO OnePass account (if you don't have one create it and link it to your MP one). Them book on CO. I did that to grab a LH flight a month or so ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.