Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Trip Using Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Rome Trip Using Miles

Thinking about a trip from LAX to Rome via IAD in Business or First class using points. United's reservation system shows me Business or First seats from IAD to FCO, but Coach seats from LAX to IAD. Is this correct?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Not uncommon, just means there is presently no XC/XF availability on the LAX -IAD leg. You can/will be waitlisted for C/F. Might try different routing LAX-ORD-IAD??
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Or try LAX>LHR or FRA and then a *A partner to FCO. Surely a 1K agent can find a route with availability to avoid the waitlist (even though as 1K you'd probably get the UG anyway). This way no worries about having to be in Y.

Michael
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:16 am

Programs: United Gold
Does one need to call United periodically to see if one cleared to F from LAX to IAD?

I have a similar scenario; F LAX to SYD and then Y from SYD to CHC. I also used Miles for this trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.