Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is UA still issuing 1P cards?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Is UA still issuing 1P cards?

I realized just before I left for LHR a few weeks ago that I didn't have a 1P card for 2008. In the past, I felt like I've really made use of the card (e.g., for bossy RC matrons and to flash at agents when going to check in at a 1P lane). It turned out that I didn't have any trouble in the end, but was just wondering: have they stopped sending out gold cards?

JV
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
You'll need it if you want to enter any partner *G lounges!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
No they haven't stopped issuing them - If you travel internationally, you really need a physical card to get in the lounges. Contact UA and have them send you a new one.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Lightman7
If you travel internationally, you really need a physical card to get in the lounges.
Only the non-UA lounges. i.e., the ones you really want to use...
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Only the non-UA lounges. i.e., the ones you really want to use...
Some RCC agents will ask to see the card if you are traveling in Y...
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cstead
Some RCC agents will ask to see the card if you are traveling in Y...
Just hand them your BP. When they run it through, it will tell them to let you in.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
What?

You mean they haven't replaced the physical card with one you can print off the internet? Oh, bollocks, that's next year's enhancement.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:05 pm

United has an imaginary address on file for me. When I look at my online account my address looks fine. I have mail forwards on a previous address. United cards haven't made it to me for 2 years...RCC...1P. Each time I have to request a new one sent. They don't like reissuing RCC cards either! $50!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by gj83
United has an imaginary address on file for me. When I look at my online account my address looks fine. I have mail forwards on a previous address. United cards haven't made it to me for 2 years...RCC...1P. Each time I have to request a new one sent. They don't like reissuing RCC cards either! $50!
I wish they had a way of issuing a joint 1P-RCC card in exchange for people signing up for a Jan1-Feb28 [next year] RCC membership. That would be cool. Oh, wait, what would be better is if they could issue a joint MP Visa/1P/RCC Card.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jvoight34
I realized just before I left for LHR a few weeks ago that I didn't have a 1P card for 2008. In the past, I felt like I've really made use of the card (e.g., for bossy RC matrons and to flash at agents when going to check in at a 1P lane). It turned out that I didn't have any trouble in the end, but was just wondering: have they stopped sending out gold cards?

JV
I qualified again for 1P in July 6. I received 1P card valid thru Jan, 2010 in 3rd week of August.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by kaboom36
I qualified again for 1P in July 6. I received 1P card valid thru Jan, 2010 in 3rd week of August.
My wait was over 2 months.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond BMI Silver
I requalfied mid July and I am still waiting for the new card but after all the old one is valid till Febuary 2009!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I also qualified mid July, I believe July 8 or 9 to be precise? Somewhere over the Pacific I crossed 50k

I have not yet received the card. I would like it soon though...leaving for another transpac in a month and would like *G access......
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:34 am

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
I qualified July 4, and the card arrived (to my MSP address) August 12.

I feel badly for others still waiting as I only fly UA and NZ, and NZ lets you into their quite desirable lounge just on the "*G" on the boarding pass.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: DL Silver & AA Exec Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & Hyatt Gold
I qualified in late July and received my card in mid-August

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.