Wiki Posts
Search

"Glenn Must Go" bracelet!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
What's funnier:

1) Employees with mortgage and car payments wearing "Glenn Must Go Bracelet"

2) Enraged FT PAX complaining about poor service, delays, canceled flights but flying UA wearing a "Glenn Must Go Bracelet"
Glenn is not United. He must go for United to survive. I'm a long standing UA flyer, but that doesn't mean I have to love that muppet at the top.

PS. Once source of bracelets is identified, please post it here. I want one.

Last edited by DogHead; Aug 22, 2008 at 3:45 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
ME TOO! If any FA's read this, please get us some! I'd even pay. I think it is important that we show unity in a time like this. FA's, pilots, and passengers are all suffering thanks to the evil man at the top.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:41 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Apparently, this has become an issue of some contention between the AFA and management: http://www.unitedafa.org/mec/preside...ils.asp?ID=241
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
No matter how tacky, childish, or immature it is, I want me one! Anyone with some extras want to send one over?
I agree...it's tacky, childish and immature. And I want one too!

I also agree with DogHead. Glenn is not United. United is iflyua2, Liz, DullesJason, etc.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
No matter how tacky, childish, or immature it is, I want me one! Anyone with some extras want to send one over?
me too, me too, me too . i'll wear it right next to my "vocal minority" one ^

Originally Posted by UNHBuzzard
Why orange? Why not FT yellow?
silly rabbit, trix are for kids-it's in memory of ted . rar!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by us2
Apparently, this has become an issue of some contention between the AFA and management: http://www.unitedafa.org/mec/preside...ils.asp?ID=241
Gee now there's a shocker who could have possibly foreseen that wearing a bracelet that basically says: I want my boss fired could cause some management folks to get upset. In the real world wearing such a bracelet would typically achieve your goal of not working for that person anymore, just not in the way you had in mind.

The single funniest part about that letter was this though:
Time is far better spent on a constructive approach to labor relations so that we can work together in bringing about a fundamental change at United Airlines.
Oh constructive approaches, really? Says the morons spending time and money creating the stupid bracelets. It seriously boggles the mind.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:54 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by ryan182
Gee now there's a shocker who could have possibly foreseen that wearing a bracelet that basically says: I want my boss fired could cause some management folks to get upset. In the real world wearing such a bracelet would typically achieve your goal of not working for that person anymore, just not in the way you had in mind.
You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

I've got no love for Tilton and his gang of chuckleheads, but the bracelet thing is just childish and stupid. The website's pretty disgraceful too.

If I wore something like that to work, I would be forced to remove it or be fired. And rightfully so.

What's the next order of business for these guys? Holding their breath until they turn blue?

Last edited by aisleorwindow; Aug 22, 2008 at 11:39 am Reason: Who is Titlon? ;)
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Silly, immature, whatever, I want one too! I did buy some small shares of UAL stock so my voice could be heard as a stockholder....didn't get me very far. Maybe the orange band is a emotional pacifier but it does voice my disgust with GT & gang.

It has become painfully obvious to all that Glen is not equal to the task of saving United, so he really should be considering other career options. Maybe employees and customers with their silly bracelets will finally incite the UAL Board to take action. I have flow United all my life (which is a bunch of years) and to alter the sad downhill trajectory UAL is on requires a very strong leader & management team that actually want to keep this airline aloft!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Two points are well taken here.

1) Any UA employee who wears this bracelet during their work hours or while in uniform and representing the company can rightfully be told to remove it or face disciplinary action.

2) We all want one!

So, I have a solution for the AFA. Rather than give them to your members, give them to passengers!! The FAs will not face any disciplinary action, and I think it will make a MUCH more impressive point if customers are wearing bands that say Tilton must go.

So AFA: Hand over the bracelets!!!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g_leyser
If I wore something like that to work, I would be forced to remove it or be fired. And rightfully so.
Greg, in general I agree with you and as I've stated many times in the past, I'm not a pro-union guy. That being said, Tilton is just so ridiculous that he deserves no respect.

I agree in general that employees basically saying "my CEO" sucks in front of customers should be fired. I think we could also agree that CEO's that tell a customer to take their business elsewhere when expressing a genuine concern (as GT did to one of our own this year) should be fired. I think we'd also agree that anyone that tells their employees that anyone that complains or isn't happy is part of a "vocal minority" deserves to be fired.

The fact is Tilton has shown complete disregard for his employees and customers to the point that I don't have an ounce of respect for him. I actually like quite a few of the other upper management people at UA, but GT is just out of this world, IMO. As much as I was first against the idea of the "vocal minority" bracelet, I'm now proudly wearing it because as a customer and as someone that has many friends working at UA, I'm truly disgusted by Tilton. Not that it'll change anything, but it's a small way of expressing myself.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by g_leyser
You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

I've got no love for Titlon and his gang of chuckleheads, but the bracelet thing is just childish and stupid. The website's pretty disgraceful too.

What's the next order of business for these guys? Holding their breath until they turn blue?
Yeah, be it Titlon or Tilton whatever, but I'd much rather not see this bracelets on my flight. Why do passengers have to be affected by their cause? Indeed, tacky, and simply useless/ineffective.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:48 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Greg, in general I agree with you and as I've stated many times in the past, I'm not a pro-union guy. That being said, Tilton is just so ridiculous that he deserves no respect.

I agree in general that employees basically saying "my CEO" sucks in front of customers should be fired. I think we could also agree that CEO's that tell a customer to take their business elsewhere when expressing a genuine concern (as GT did to one of our own this year) should be fired. I think we'd also agree that anyone that tells their employees that anyone that complains or isn't happy is part of a "vocal minority" deserves to be fired.

The fact is Tilton has shown complete disregard for his employees and customers to the point that I don't have an ounce of respect for him. I actually like quite a few of the other upper management people at UA, but GT is just out of this world, IMO. As much as I was first against the idea of the "vocal minority" bracelet, I'm now proudly wearing it because as a customer and as someone that has many friends working at UA, I'm truly disgusted by Tilton. Not that it'll change anything, but it's a small way of expressing myself.
I have no problem with employees expressing themselves. But do it on your own time. As a passenger, it's not my fault your CEO sucks (and I AGREE that he does suck, by the way). By wearing the bracelets during work hours, employees are putting us customers in an awkward position. You got a grievance? Take it through the appropriate channels (HR, your union, etc.).

When I get on a plane and I see these bracelets, it sets a negative tone right away. It says to me, from the customer perspective, "I'm an angry employee, and I hate my boss." That is NOT something that the customer should have to deal with, EVER. No matter how justified it may be (and I believe it IS justified in this case).

Why not make some "I love my customers" bracelets?
Or how about "thanks for sticking with United" stickers?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:49 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by jef7
Yeah, be it Titlon or Tilton whatever, ...
Oops. Freudian slip?

Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Has anyone purchased any stock to get a voting say, then write in suggesting the board oust him (then sell stock for loss)?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
Two points are well taken here.

1) Any UA employee who wears this bracelet during their work hours or while in uniform and representing the company can rightfully be told to remove it or face disciplinary action.

2) We all want one!

So, I have a solution for the AFA. Rather than give them to your members, give them to passengers!! The FAs will not face any disciplinary action, and I think it will make a MUCH more impressive point if customers are wearing bands that say Tilton must go.

So AFA: Hand over the bracelets!!!

Now the question for FT is does UA need to let YOU onboard if you are wearing something that might potentially be "disruptive to the safe operation of the aircraft" in the eyes of UA Management

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.