Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UGS Full Fare Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Originally Posted by jgsx
I hope that they'll help me requal.
Disclosure: Bolding by me.

That says it all. And is exactly the reason they won't soon publish the requirements.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by climmy
Disclosure: Bolding by me.

That says it all. And is exactly the reason they won't soon publish the requirements.
Good point. Thing is, I'm below 50k high yield miles for the second half of 2008, so I'm trying to pass that. Once I do I'll stop
Old Sep 20, 2008, 12:38 am

FWIW...

It was announced this week to us that UA will indeed once again offer the 50K full-fare miles GS renewal.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:26 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Probably need to merge this thread with this thread.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: Lots
So much for the theories about making it more exclusive. Seems like a case of "Please, someone, anyone, buy more full fare tickets"

It'll be great to make GS again with only a handful of K spent ^ Leaves more $$$ for SQ tickets.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Axey
So much for the theories about making it more exclusive. Seems like a case of "Please, someone, anyone, buy more full fare tickets"
Out of curiosity, Axey, would you prefer if they made it more "exclusive?" It seems like the GS program is rewarding enough, so do you think the program would be any better if there were less people in it receiving the same benefits?

I do agree that making it so easy is a dumb move on UA's part, since you can basically earn GS and 1K for relatively little, definitely under $10K.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I do agree that making it so easy is a dumb move on UA's part, since you can basically earn GS and 1K for relatively little, definitely under $10K.
Not sure anyone who earns GS flying has done it for $10k. Might be able to keep it for that but doubt you can earn it with that.

Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:10 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Out of curiosity, Axey, would you prefer if they made it more "exclusive?" It seems like the GS program is rewarding enough, so do you think the program would be any better if there were less people in it receiving the same benefits?
I actually think the program is extremely good and fine as-is. I just wish the airline running it were a lot better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.