Upgrade Chances SFO-PVG

Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade Chances SFO-PVG

1P here. Anyone have an idea about what my chances would be to upgrade with miles on the above route out on Oct 29 or 30 and back on Nov 4?

I'm happy to buy an upgradeable fare, happy to use the miles, happy to buy up ($500 or $600 each way).

If chances are low, I might consider buying C, but on OZ (LAX-ICN-PVG; cheaper). I'd like to save the $3000 or so if possible, of course.

I've searched but can't figure out how to look for "I" in "expert mode."

Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA, BR, DL
Originally Posted by schwarm
I've searched but can't figure out how to look for "I" in "expert mode."
If you're in "expert mode" search for a standard award ticket (not saver) for your flight. "I" will be shown as "NC".
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BOSdave
If you're in "expert mode" search for a standard award ticket (not saver) for your flight. "I" will be shown as "NC".
I see. Thanks.

All NC 0, but I suppose that's the usual case. Probably wouldn't know until 96 or 72 hours out (at most), right?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
If the equipment is still the old version, the C might be about 30~50% empty before all the upgrades get cleared. Chance should be good but YMMV.

Buy OZ in C is a good alternative as well as the fare is much cheaper. I like the flight schedule that is helpful to overcome jet lag.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.