Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

I must be crazy - No drink chits in SFO domestic RCC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold

I could have sworn I've gotten chits at the Domestic RCC before here in SFO, but today I asked and was told they do not have them, only the International RCC.

Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UCBeau
I could have sworn I've gotten chits at the Domestic RCC before here in SFO, but today I asked and was told they do not have them, only the International RCC.

This has been the norm for as long as I can remember.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
AFAIK, they were right. At SFO, only the RCC in the international terminal has them. But, I've used my drink chits at the domestic RCC before (and of course, at other RCCs).
Original Poster

It makes sense in that there are rarely (if ever) people making an international connection and sitting in the domestic RCC, i guess i just never thought it out before. Serves me right I suppose.

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
I don't remember I received any at domestic RCC.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
We were having a little discussion about this on here a few weeks ago... there really isn't any reason for the domestic RCC at SFO to carry them. They are only given for international departures so it makes sense only the Int'l RCC would carry them. Other than for the sake of lounge hopping (or collecting extra drink chits...yeah, you know how you are ) there is no reason to wait in the domestic RCC for an international flight.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
However, I have had no problems redeeming drink chits at SFO domestic RCC
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Me either! I redeemed a few there recently on the way back from London. ^
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I've also had zero issues redeeming..though I do seem to have run out of chits..hmmmmm
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by UCBeau
I've also had zero issues redeeming..though I do seem to have run out of chits..hmmmmm
Next time when you are in F, ask for a double shot on the side, then you know what to do
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They should have drink chits for PS F passengers, since they're ultimately entitled to IFL access but it's a bit out of the way.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
I guess one could clear customs on an inbound, pass through security, stop in a the RCC in the Int'l terminal, then hop on the inter-terminal shuttle and head over the the domestic RCC. However, I think that's a little over the top to get your RCC drink on
Old Jul 16, 2008, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Actually it's been a pet peeve of mine that the domestic SFO RCC doesn't have them. There have been times when I'm doing LAX-SFO-LHR & some friends/colleagues will be at SFO RCC at the same time, and we want to meet up for drinks. They can't enter the Int'l RCC since they're on domestic itin. I can't get 2 drink chits to which I'm entitled because I'm in the domestic RCC vs the Int'l RCC.

The RCC agents say that the Int'l RCC is the gateway & thus can only be obtained there. I remind them that the airport is actually the gateway, not an individual club. They don't care. Technically I could bus over to the Int'l Lounge, get the 2 drink chits, come back, go through security & then meet my friends at the RCC, but that pretty much eats up the layover, so not worth it.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:21 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I remember the situation at CLT 4 month ago, where I don´t get drink chits for my onward flight to TPA at the RCC. I was arriving from MUC.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by szg
I remember the situation at CLT 4 month ago, where I don´t get drink chits for my onward flight to TPA at the RCC. I was arriving from MUC.
In your example, you are not entitled to chits. Only on outbound gateway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.