Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA filtering NH, OZ, SQ and TG???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Congrats, BlissWorld, that's why this is so much fun! ^

The rest of the world thinks miles are useful, we know if we persevere long enough they're amazingly rewarding. If it was easy, would there be any Asian carrier F transpac awards left?

When are you flying?

mrs. gleff and I have NF F transpac, LH/UA/TG F intra-Asia, OZ F transpac -- that's 2 seats in F on all flights! -- coming up but still several months off.

The first agent told me nothing was available in OZ F for two full months, he clearly wasn't even bothering to look and just lied to me.

But ultimately it was all accomplished, without a manual sell!

Congratulations on your trip!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 4:18 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
UA has too many Mileage Plus Members and too many outstanding miles compared to all of their "stingy" Asian counterparts. It is all an illusion, by having lower redemption levels and higher bonuses than other carriers it makes us feel as if they have the best options. When awards are limited we find out they are really not that great and there is a reason SQ,TG,NH have significantly higher mileage redemption thresholds compared to UA.
-UFFA
Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN
I admit I didn't have time to read every single post here, but 1K reservations agents and supervisors still claim that each *A carrier makes different award inventory available to different partners. That's why, they say, you may find a seat on a certain flight if you call LH but not if you call UA. If that were the case, it would be a mess -- there are now 24 *A members. Imagine having to allocate different inventory for each of them separately...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Nicholas
I admit I didn't have time to read every single post here, but 1K reservations agents and supervisors still claim that each *A carrier makes different award inventory available to different partners. That's why, they say, you may find a seat on a certain flight if you call LH but not if you call UA. If that were the case, it would be a mess -- there are now 24 *A members. Imagine having to allocate different inventory for each of them separately...
Or they just say UA get x and everyone else gets 3x, for example.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by Superguy
Or they just say UA get x and everyone else gets 3x, for example.
3 times 0 is still 0.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
3 times 0 is still 0.
Got me there.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just tried to help a friend search for a SIN-DEL itin for Dec 5 - Dec 7. The ANA tool shows SQ availability in Y for both the outbound and the return. When calling UA, they say that it is unavailable because they don't have inventory. This was after two calls (at least one of which went to the 'faux 1k' DTW call center). I guess Starnet blocking, even on intra-Asia flights, is alive and well.....
Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
I just tried to help a friend search for a SIN-DEL itin for Dec 5 - Dec 7. The ANA tool shows SQ availability in Y for both the outbound and the return. When calling UA, they say that it is unavailable because they don't have inventory. This was after two calls (at least one of which went to the 'faux 1k' DTW call center). I guess Starnet blocking, even on intra-Asia flights, is alive and well.....
I've been trying to score a SQ F seat on a LAX-SIN trip that's coming up very soon. All 3 classes available on the ANA tool. All classes unavailable to UA.

Oh well, I'm in C anyway so I guess it's not too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.