Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Schedule Change List - and specific changes for Sept and Nov [Merged]

Consolidated Schedule Change List - and specific changes for Sept and Nov [Merged]

Old Oct 17, 08, 4:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was discussing with a friend a mine, he has some crazy idea about how to change OAK and SJC. But it does sound pretty cool.

Just demolish SJC, change it to a parking lot with high-speed railway link to SFO. Merge OAK and SFO by connecting OAK-SFO terminals with under-water high-speed railway.

Combining all the flight would mean less RJ and more wide-body, less delays due to weather or airport traffic.

I don't mind going to SFO from San Jose if traffic/traveling time isn't that much.
Old Oct 17, 08, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by beanex View Post
I was discussing with a friend a mine, he has some crazy idea about how to change OAK and SJC. But it does sound pretty cool.

Just demolish SJC, change it to a parking lot with high-speed railway link to SFO. Merge OAK and SFO by connecting OAK-SFO terminals with under-water high-speed railway.

Combining all the flight would mean less RJ and more wide-body, less delays due to weather or airport traffic.

I don't mind going to SFO from San Jose if traffic/traveling time isn't that much.
Why make it a high speed railway? Make it a ground effect boat/plane and have it go down the bay. I'm sure that some Silicon Valley entrepreneur, or maybe one of my classmates could build it.
Old Oct 17, 08, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by beanex View Post
Merge OAK and SFO by connecting OAK-SFO terminals with under-water high-speed railway.
There was an idea floating around a few years back to have a ferry link between OAK and SFO to make it a viable connection. The plan was to ease SFO congestion back when they were toying with building a new runway.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: