Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Schedule Change List - and specific changes for Sept and Nov [Merged]

Consolidated Schedule Change List - and specific changes for Sept and Nov [Merged]

Old Jul 24, 08, 10:52 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by wcj1 View Post
I still want to know how DFW-IAD is reduced. There have been 2 Shuttle American E70's for ages, and that is still what comes up when doing a search for September.

Guess "ages" is a relative term - not sure it has been more than 2 years ... but since I am over 40 - 2 years might be 3 or 4..... (or 1?)

I think the sked change might not have loaded. I have a late fall trip and will keep an eye on it and report when if it gets hit.... too bad if it does, the times in both directions are great and love those E70's.

Last edited by fwfdan; Jul 25, 08 at 11:19 am
Old Jul 25, 08, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
UA-Provided Specifics for 11/2

Just got the latest list from UA with specifics that take effect 11/2. Some of these have already been mentioned, but as with my original post, this is a consolidated list.

The first section is schedule reductions. Where a frequency is shown as .5 flights, that just means there are unequal numbers of flights in opposite directions.

ORD
ABQ 2 to 1
BTV 3 to 2
CID 7 to 6
CLE 7 to 6
CMH 7 to 6
FWA 4 to 3
GRB 6 to 5
LAX 10.5 to 9
MHT 3 to 2
MSN 8 to 7
YOW 5 to 4.5
PHX 4 to 3
PIT 6.5 to 5.5
SBN 8 to 7
SEA 5.5 to 5
SMF 3 to 2
YVR 4.5 to 3

DEN
ATL 3 to 2
AUS 4 to 3
BHM 2 to 1
ORD 10 to 9 (so why wasn't this in the ORD list?)
CMH 3 to 2
FAR 4 to 3
LAX 10 to 9
MTJ 5 to 4
PSP 3 to 2
PHL 2.5 to 2
RNO 4 to 3
GEG 3 to 2
EGE 4 to 3

LAX
BWI 2 to 1
MCO 2 to 1
SEA 4 to 3
YVR 3 to 2

SFO
ABQ 2 to 1
BUR 6 to 5
LAS 8 to 7
PHL 2.5 to 2
RNO 5 to 4

IAD
BTV 4 to 3
GSP 4 to 3
JAX 4 to 3
YOW 3 to 2.5
SAN 3 to 2.5
TPA 4 to 3

Eliminated routes:

ORD-GEG
ORD-SJC
DEN-CLT
LAX-AUS
LAX-OAK
SFO-ATL
SFO-YYZ

As before, this comes straight from UA, which means there are likely to be some errors. At least this time I caught all my typos!
Old Jul 25, 08, 12:54 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Gold (almost LT Plat), Hilton LT ♢, National Exec,
I've been really surprised that I haven't seen a reduction in my home airport (MBS-Saginaw). Granted, it is only 4 R/T a day to ORD on CRJs, but I've been scared every time I see threads like "Here are the latest cuts" that they'd take us down to 3/day. I surely thought they'd be down to 3. Most of the time, my flights are only about 60-70% full, although I usually travel off-peak.

I know the manager pretty well, and he has told me that MBS has the highest revenue/passenger ratio in Michigan (surprising, given GRR and DTW, but they have much more competition). High fares, a lot of last-minute travel and mostly business travel (leisure travelers tend to opt for DTW or nearby FNT).
Old Jul 25, 08, 2:06 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I find this all really confusing....

For example ORD-SEA. There are currently 7 flights in each direction. But the list above says it is going to go from 5.5 to 5.

So, I guess that means a 1.5 flight seasonal reduction + another .5 schedule reduction?
Old Jul 25, 08, 2:07 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by meducate View Post
If I read the OP correctly, there will be reduced service LGA-ORD/DEN. This surprises me a little....
I've noticed that fares ex LGA tend to be lower (sometimes a lot lower!) than from nearby airports like JFK and HPN (don't know about EWR). I think that might be because of the large number of LGA-ORD flights per day. So, if the goal is to reduce capacity in order, ultimately, to raise fares, it actually makes a lot of sense to cut LGA-ORD and maybe even LGA-DEN (although there are fewer of the latter than LGA-ORD). After cutting a few of these flights, UA would still have a strong LGA presence - with more revenue per seat (at least in theory).
Old Jul 25, 08, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by gsorob View Post
GSO going all UX comes as no surprise. UA has reduced service to GSO by downgauging aircraft over the past several years where we were left with only 1 consistent mainline flight/day (ie the morning ORD flight). The late afternoon flight to ORD is hit or miss of either mainline or UX. Due to high fares (nearly 20-25% increase in the year BEFORE the spike in oil prices + the current increases) and dwindling capacity, it was inevitable that UA would downsize us again. Pax were driving to RDU or CLT for the lower fares, me included, but RDU has also suffered similar reductions in gauge. RDU discontinued its mainline RDU-DEN route and, from all appearances, looks to heading for all UX as well . I had 3 itins booked on the RDU-DEN for this fall and had to reroute on all of them.
GSO has evolved from a mini-hub[CO] airport full of mainline jets to now only having three DL mainlines on the schedule. How rotten is this?

Discounters in CLT and RDU attract all the customers. Air Tran was here for years, but apparently not enough folks used them and they left. Now look at the results?
Old Jul 29, 08, 11:30 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Not sure the IAD-DFW reduction is happening in September. I may be wrong, but I think it looks like the Sep 2 changes are in place and DFW is still twice a day on an E70.
Old Aug 4, 08, 10:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
The net result will be a marked reduction in service to Reno. RNO-SFO will go from 5/6 flights a day (weekdays/weekends) currently to a mere 4 a day in 2 steps. RNO-DEN is reduced from 4 to 3 flights a day. RNO-LAX will be one flight a day, on FrSaSu only, CRJ-200.

This will make flying out of RNO on UA challenging, but is there any choice?
Luckily for me, yes. I may have to consider direct flights (Chicago)) on AA and Southwest, or short connects on both, vs UA.

Other than early morning flights from ORD, the later SFO and DEN flights have some pretty long connect times.

Last edited by ChgoBob; Aug 4, 08 at 10:27 am
Old Aug 19, 08, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 2MM
Uinted cut backs--goodbye ORD-GEG

The Seattle Times reports that in November UA will discontinue all non-stop service ORD-GEG. At present it is down to once a day into ORD in the am and back to GEG in the evening. Spokane flyers will have basically the 'option' of flying TED twice daily GEG-DEN with connections, or, on some flights UX to SEA and then on to ORD. The paper quotes Spokane airport folks as indicating that the flights had been carrying about 85%, but that UA said that was not enough. With no evening connection from ORD (the DEN connects are morning and afternoon), travellers to Spokane from east coast or Europe will have very few choices.

Flyer 420
in Boulder
Old Aug 19, 08, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Flyer420 View Post
The Seattle Times reports
And only a month after it was first announced...

See post #62 in this thread.
Old Aug 20, 08, 3:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
It was amazing that they even still had a flight to ORD when they didn't even have any non-stops to SFO...don't be suprised if GEG goes the way of EUG and MFR...100% UX/Skywest
Old Aug 20, 08, 4:49 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

GEG-DEN = Ted. I'm amazed how the discontinuation of Ted has caused the number of Ted route to increase.
Old Aug 20, 08, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
I'm amazed how the discontinuation of Ted has caused the number of Ted route to increase.
The grounding of the 737s is the cause of that.
Old Aug 20, 08, 8:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyer420 View Post
With no evening connection from ORD (the DEN connects are morning and afternoon), travellers to Spokane from east coast or Europe will have very few choices.
They can always fly NW.
Old Aug 20, 08, 8:43 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
Over the last few months UA has been pricing PVD-ORD-GEG-ORD-PVD at $172 on Saturdays. Obviously not a very profitable route...but a great MR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: