Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Schedule Change List - and specific changes for Sept and Nov [Merged]

Consolidated Schedule Change List - and specific changes for Sept and Nov [Merged]

Old Jul 24, 08, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
That DEN-RDU service was short-lived. Too bad! And surprised to see FLL on the closed list. Also looks like they're shifting some of the Colorado Springs capacity to ORD; I wonder if they would ever bring back mainline service from ORD (don't laugh).
Old Jul 24, 08, 3:06 pm

Any idea when we will see the expanded service will be reflected on the timetables?
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
I wonder if they would ever bring back mainline service from ORD (don't laugh) [to COS].
I am having lots of trouble understanding the rationale for increasing ORD/COS and reducing DEN/COS and DEN/ORD. Arguably, higher fuel dictates switching to the mainliners out of DEN.

But assuming there is a rationale for more nonstop COS/ORD and less COS/DEN/ORD, higher fuel costs would eventually dictate a return of mainline to COS, but what would UA use? Doesn't seem like there would be enough demand to fill 757s, and the 3xxs will be needed for mid haul routes once the 737s are all parked. UA is adamant about not buying newer, fuel efficient planes.
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:05 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
That actually is good info..Kudos to this poster for this post..Most FF are not on thier toes as this one [email protected]:-)
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.5MM, Marriott Plat / LT Gold
Originally Posted by beanex View Post
LAX - Los Angeles, CA
Destinations Added SJD - San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
'Bout freaking time!
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

lax-san expanded? really?
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Well, can't say I'm sorry to see reduced service between here (JAX) and IAD. That will make it easier to avoid that mess of an airport. Although now I'm seeing some UX flights popping back into the JAX-ORD route which had been 737 service for awhile now. I know they're phasing out the 733's, but I was hoping we'd get some Airbii in their place.
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
^ Thanks for the post! It is very informative indeed.
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.92+ MM, Hyatt Globalist
If I read the OP correctly, there will be reduced service LGA-ORD/DEN. This surprises me a little....
Old Jul 24, 08, 4:59 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I have a few questions about this list:

1. LAX-RNO is being reduced? There's only 1 CRJ-200 flight a day as it is - so that means it's not going to be daily anymore?

2. SFO-RNO says it is being reduced 9/2 and also 11/2. So does that mean two rounds of reductions, or is it just a typo?
Old Jul 24, 08, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by g_leyser View Post
I have a few questions about this list:

1. LAX-RNO is being reduced? There's only 1 CRJ-200 flight a day as it is - so that means it's not going to be daily anymore?

2. SFO-RNO says it is being reduced 9/2 and also 11/2. So does that mean two rounds of reductions, or is it just a typo?

Likely.
LAX-OAK shows being reduced 9/12
LAX-OAK shows ending effectivr 11/2
Old Jul 24, 08, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Can't say this is too unexpected with all the 737s going out. Sorry to see some of the routes go and will inevitably lead to less flexibility, though with my schedule UA is still the best airline to fit my needs.
Old Jul 24, 08, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
SFO - San Francisco, CA
Reduced Service (eff. 9/2) Dallas/Fort Worth

DEN - Denver, CO

IAD - Washington, Dulles
How sad that UA is having difficulty flying more than one flight daily from SFO, IAD and LAX to the fourth most populous metropolitan area in the u.s. and the sixth busiest international airport in the world?

Oh well, at least there's 4 or 5 flights a day from DEN and ORD.
Old Jul 24, 08, 5:29 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by civicmon View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

lax-san expanded? really?
I wonder whether this might mean bigger RJ's (or even mainline planes?) on a few flights. It's hard to see how the frequency could increase!
Old Jul 24, 08, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh View Post
How sad that UA is having difficulty flying more than one flight daily from SFO, IAD and LAX to the fourth most populous metropolitan area in the u.s. and the sixth busiest international airport in the world?
Sad? Barring maybe ATL, it's one of the biggest fortress hubs in the world (AA).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: