Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The "UA - True Hollywood Story Profile of the Month" 'Appreciation' Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "UA - True Hollywood Story Profile of the Month" 'Appreciation' Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I still have nightmares from last year's perpetual viewing of The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Jude Law... was worried that I was a half step away from going bezerk and having a FAM take me down. Truly dreadful. Jack Black should be ashamed of himself (although he did get to go after Kate Winslet.... raaarrrr!).
Old May 27, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Back when I was a little kid, right after Groundhog Day was released, I did LAX-NRT-LAX in C and LAX-KOA-LAX and LAX-IAD-LAX in F all in the same month. I watched that movie about a dozen times that month, and it never got old Why can't there be quality like that anymore?
Old May 27, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by g_leyser
You guys actually WATCH the IFE on UA??????

Book + Ch 9 + summertime clothes on the college girls = IFE for me!
Old May 28, 2008, 9:04 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I am used to seeing the Office or Thirty Rock frequently played, but I did get to see Will Smith's E True Hollywood story on my HNL flights.
Old May 28, 2008, 9:22 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by Christofu
I still have nightmares from last year's perpetual viewing of The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Jude Law... was worried that I was a half step away from going bezerk and having a FAM take me down. Truly dreadful.
If that's your reaction to The Holiday, I'd hate to see what happens to you when you are subjected to Alvin and the Chipmunks.....
Old May 28, 2008, 9:23 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
In regards to avoiding UA IFE, I watched a truly awful movie on my MEX-IAD flight a few days ago: Jumpers.

Bleccch.
Yeah, didn't seem like I missed much SAN-IAD when the IFE crapped out for the first 20 minutes or so of that flick.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:30 pm

Please UA, no more Donald Trump!

The saturation advertising for the Will Smith Admiration Society recently on the IFE was indeed annoying. But with this new round of Donald Trump on the IFE, once is truly enough (actually, riding the Trump Shuttle once was enough too, and goes to show that sooner of later, every wastrel likes to play "airplane"). Honestly, he is painful to look at during all stages of his and his wives' plastic surgeries. And he is not even really a net positive for humanity, having given all sorts of overcaffeinated, overDrakkar'ed kids entirely the wrong idea of management and dealmaking.

However, I will give him credit for a great line: "How about the guys that stand there grabbing the urinal for balance? I watch in amazement. Then they come up and say, 'I'm a big fan, can I shake your hand?' And I'm a bad guy for saying, 'Excuse me!' They were just holding the big wonger, and they want to shake your hand!"
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:39 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Hey, you've got nobody to blame but yourself for watching that drivel.

Save for a few episodes of The Simpsons or The Office, I don't think I've watched anything United's had to offer in over a year.

My book and/or laptop + Channel 9 is all I need. I wouldn't dream of relying on United to entertain me.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Hey, you've got nobody to blame but yourself for watching that drivel.

Save for a few episodes of The Simpsons or The Office, I don't think I've watched anything United's had to offer in over a year.

My book and/or laptop + Channel 9 is all I need. I wouldn't dream of relying on United to entertain me.
When I see The Simpsons or 30 Rock on-screen, I scramble for my Bose QC3s. I have seen the 'Coffee' episode of Rock about 4 times this month, but still enjoy it each time. But the darned Simpsons are over on (what's left of) Ted this month. Rar.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
with this new round of Donald Trump on the IFE, once is truly enough
Once is one time too often.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Once is one time too often.
Truly. He has a comb-over of EPIC proportions. And his eyebrows are pretty out of control as well.
Maybe he could just comb his eyebrows back over his head instead.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
But with this new round of Donald Trump on the IFE, once is truly enough
Try it without the sound. I have found myself on three flights watching the Trump-fest and actually laughing without even listening to it. It's kind of like a car crash in that you know you shouldn't look, but your eyes keep swiveling back anyway.

If all else fails, just watch his hair. It's entertainment all by itself.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
OK, guilty pleasure admission here.

I actually turned off Channel 9 for about 45 min to watch this month's profile of Victoria and David Beckham (Posh and Becks); it was much better than The Donald's...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.