Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dress code in F for UA Employees?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:23 pm

Dressing Up or Down

The NRSA code should also be amended to add -- "no visible body art". It is bad enough to view the paying passengers' scorpions, dragons, chainlinks, fairies, flowers, etc., etc., but to see those travelling for free depicting it....it should be in the corporate dress code to keep them non-visible. I have been served by airlines, hotels, restaurants, where it seems OK to shove these pieces of "body art" in my face while I am being served....no thank you, next server please!
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by TravelWorldRadioShow
The NRSA code should also be amended to add -- "no visible body art". It is bad enough to view the paying passengers' scorpions, dragons, chainlinks, fairies, flowers, etc., etc., but to see those travelling for free depicting it....it should be in the corporate dress code to keep them non-visible. I have been served by airlines, hotels, restaurants, where it seems OK to shove these pieces of "body art" in my face while I am being served....no thank you, next server please!
Afraid the dragon's going to jump out and bite you?

Get over it.
Old May 26, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis 1st
Dress code in F for UA Employees?

I couldn't find a UA passenger dress code thread, and had honestly never thought much about it until today.

Boarding my PDX-ORD flight, late boarding mom and daughter in the red carpet lane were stopped by the GA. I wasn't trying to be nosey, but the conversation right in front of me was that the daughter could not board in F dressed as she was in jeans and sweatshirt.

Having seen some of the people that have been seated in first class without a question (holey sweats were my personal favorite, on someone who probably should not have even gone shopping at WalMart dressed as she was), and having worn jeans pretty much every outbound flight irrespective of where I am sitting, I'm wondering what the story was. I know that there was pretty decent F availability today, so maybe a non-rev? Is there a dress code for non-revs that specifically excludes denim?
Old May 26, 2008, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Yes, non-revs have a dress code. Nobody else does, except that you have to be dressed...
Old May 26, 2008, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P
My dad used to work for AA, and at that time (early to mid 80's), non-revs could not wear jeans no matter which class you're in.
Old May 26, 2008, 9:53 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes, non-revs have a dress code. Nobody else does, except that you have to be dressed...
what's a non-rev?
if you are a rev- no code?
Old May 26, 2008, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Christofu
My dad used to work for AA, and at that time (early to mid 80's), non-revs could not wear jeans no matter which class you're in.
Ive wore baggy roca wear jean pant and a decent polo shirt on a SQ flight all the way to SFO-BOM.....never got denied on first class and also a non rev seat (award) which was back in 06.....and that was also my first time flying premium, but ever since, never put on jeans again!!

Last edited by vishal407; May 26, 2008 at 10:02 pm
Old May 26, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
what's a non-rev?
if you are a rev- no code?
non-rev = employee (family/friend) travelling on free / discounted ticket
Old May 26, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K; Marriott Au; Hyatt Dsc
Originally Posted by vishal407
Ive wore baggy roca wear jean pant and a decent polo shirt on a SQ flight all the way to SFO-BOM.....never got denied on first class and also a non rev seat (award) which was back in 06
Don't confuse award travel with NRSA or NRPS travel. What we are talking about here are typically UA employees traveling non-revenue. Although award travel doesn't bring $$ into UA, they are considered revenue tickets wrt dress code.

See:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51003,00.html
Old May 26, 2008, 10:14 pm

Judging from my last few flights, it seems that the dress code for F is simply Tommy Bahamas and stank
Old May 26, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: LH
Thumbs up non-revs should be dressed according to class of traveling.

Heard the same from SwissAir employees. They were not allowed to show up on non-revs ticket in Businness and First.
In my oppinion, this is absolutely correct.
Old May 26, 2008, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
When I went through the UA training for a ramp rat they told us that if we are flying in F and show up in jeans, tennis shoes, or anything non-business dress we would not be allowed to fly.
Old May 26, 2008, 10:40 pm

Isn't there typically something which states a non-rev shouldn't talk about being non-rev or airline employee/family either? There was back when I was <18 flying non-rev on CI, and it never made any sense to me; if people don't know who I am and I don't tell them, why would they care if I'm wearing t-shirt and jeans?

Interesting to see that many airlines have the same dress code for non-rev; must be leftover from decades ago.
Old May 26, 2008, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Even though theres not a dress code, though, I still like putting decent clothes on depending on season....nice jeans and good shoes and a mock turtleneck in winter is slightly nicer than my usual wardrobe haha
Old May 26, 2008, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat.
Originally Posted by bhmlurker
Isn't there typically something which states a non-rev shouldn't talk about being non-rev or airline employee/family either? There was back when I was <18 flying non-rev on CI, and it never made any sense to me; if people don't know who I am and I don't tell them, why would they care if I'm wearing t-shirt and jeans?

Interesting to see that many airlines have the same dress code for non-rev; must be leftover from decades ago.
UA's policy has actually changed a bit in the past few years...to ride in a premium cabin you used to have to be dressed very nicely; men had to wear a coat and/or tie, women had to wear dresses or dress slacks with pantyhouse, etc. Another employee can correct me, but I think its only been in the last 8 years or so that the dress code for F has fallen to "no jeans, tennis shoes, etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.