Wiki Posts
Search

B777 Question

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2008, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
B777 Question

Usually fly US but had some vouchers to use on UA and one of my legs in IAD to ORD on the 777.

All the seats to about row 30 or 31 were "occupied" but I know they are E+, except row 17 seats A and B. Are those E+ seats and the website just goofed and left them open or is something else up with these seats? I took them in the hopes of free E+...

Just curious...Looks to be on the WW1 or WW2 config...
Old May 24, 2008, 8:12 pm

Unless you have some status with UA and are logged into site you can not see E+ seating.
Old May 24, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by DWilliamson5002
Usually fly US but had some vouchers to use on UA and one of my legs in IAD to ORD on the 777.

All the seats to about row 30 or 31 were "occupied" but I know they are E+, except row 17 seats A and B. Are those E+ seats and the website just goofed and left them open or is something else up with these seats? I took them in the hopes of free E+...

Just curious...Looks to be on the WW1 or WW2 config...
If its the 5 PMish departure then yes its an international B777. And as cyberg said, you need to have status with UA and be logged into .bomb to see the E+ section. Only sections designated with the light blue backgroudn on the seatmap are E+. Unfortunately, Star Alliance status does not offer E+.
Old May 24, 2008, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes it is that early evening flight. If Row 17 is in E+ then it let me take them with no status. My others legs put me in E-...

Seatguru says Rows 17 to 26 are E+. Just want to confirm these are E+ seats...
Old May 24, 2008, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
You should keep checking your seat assignments before the flight as there's a good chance you'll get swept out of E+ before flight time.
Old May 25, 2008, 12:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
I think those are our crew rest seats. Who knows if they treat them like Economy Plus or not...
Old May 25, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by AirBag
I think those are our crew rest seats. Who knows if they treat them like Economy Plus or not...
The crew rest seats are 17-19HJ on the XC/XI 777 (hence the value of 21HJ as row 20HJ doesn't exist). 17A/B are regular (albeit highly desirable) E+ seats, and thus of course subject to above comments re: access, sweeps, etc.

I guess the crew rest seats are sometimes obtainable on domestic legs, but I'm not sure how far out they can be booked, etc. I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.