FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   1k voice email address appears to have become useless (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/811771-1k-voice-email-address-appears-have-become-useless.html)

RichardInSF Apr 11, 2008 10:34 am

1k voice email address appears to have become useless

I had a miserable flight in C from LHR to SFO earlier this week, mainly due to a few terrible FAs along with faulty electronics, and given how people have been reporting here that 1kvoice is back to being helpful, I emailed them with details.

Here's their reply, after several days:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again. Now you can just call, toll-free, 800-xxx-xxxx (1k res line) and select reservations and you'll be connected on a top-priority basis directly with one of our most experienced agents - someone who can help solve any problem you may have.

If another department is more qualified to assist you for your particular need, your 1Call representative will literallly guide you to the "front of the line," describe your issue to his or her colleague, and then stay with you to provide additional service if needed. Thank you for your business and for choosing United Airlines.

United Airlines Customer Relations
So I emailed back:

This is your reply to my email? How useless! Was this generated in India by someone checking boxes on a computer? It sure looks like it.

Please READ my email and try again. I expect to hear a meaningful reply from you soon.

RichardinSF
Within minutes, I got another email identical to the first. Note that the email did NOT say they were going to get back to me. It said I should get put on hold for customer service and repeat everything I said in my email all over again, presumably to a human in India instead of a computer in India. I will wait a few days and then try email to Tilton, which should be unnecessary.

RichardInSF Apr 11, 2008 10:43 am

Well, maybe I was wrong. Literally within 5 minutes of receiving the second response, a human responded and said I would be sent a $300 travel certificate. They still didn't read my original email (which was more about the FA's than anything else), but at least it's a response!

I now don't know what to conclude from this episode!

hsxagent Apr 11, 2008 10:49 am

That the 1K e-mail doesn't seem to address any problems. But if you complain loud enough you are given travel credits!:)

mahasamatman Apr 11, 2008 10:50 am

The fact that you got any response at all is better luck than I've had.

kb1992 Apr 11, 2008 10:55 am

Last month I got measly 2k miles from 1k voice for a broken C seat on a 14+ hour flight. :o

Wiggums Apr 11, 2008 11:03 am

My 1K thing has been very good. If it's a complaint or a compliment, they'll get back to me right away.

KeyManRisk Apr 11, 2008 11:09 am

before i was exiled from the exalted ranks in March, i had pretty good experiences with 1K voice. even got a CR-1 out of it.

Astriker Apr 11, 2008 11:53 am

I think UA canned respond message had issues, since the out of office was not always responding. I sent an email to UA about a question on a refund and received the same message within minutes.

That is just the canned message UA sends out upon receiving of the email. Odd that you received it a few weeks after the experience, I had that happen once though.

seanthepilot Apr 11, 2008 12:06 pm

1K voice has been enhanced to GSvoice. 1K is the new PE.

And they wonder why I pay more and fly someone else.

RichardInSF Apr 11, 2008 12:08 pm

So the REAL question is, did I get the last (marginally helpful) response because of my email or because I posted this thread on FT?

magiciansampras Apr 11, 2008 12:11 pm

I think the 1K Voice email office is just a small room with two people working in it and a big wheel or fortune type thing. Every email they get complaining about something they spin the wheel to see what compensation you get: $200 voucher, $300 voucher, 2 e-500's, 1 CR1, 2 CR1s, 1 SWU, 2k miles, 5k miles, etc.

:)

FlyingBear Apr 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras (Post 9556795)
I think the 1K Voice email office is just a small room with two people working in it and a big wheel or fortune type thing.

Pat and Vanna's daytime job?

Lightman7 Apr 11, 2008 3:17 pm

I just sent an email to premier executive voice and got an immediate canned reply:

" ... At PremierExecutiveVoice, our focus is on post travel customer problem resolution, as well as comments and suggestions regarding our service. E-mails are answered in the order in which they are received, and due to current volumes our response time is greater than normal. ..."

It didn't imply I should call to get service, just that a reply would take some time.

jef7 Apr 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 9556375)
Last month I got measly 2k miles from 1k voice for a broken C seat on a 14+ hour flight. :o

Weird.

I had an exact same issue on an ORD-FRA flight and I got 10,000 miles :confused:

Is it completely useless or as usual, hit or miss?

kb1992 Apr 11, 2008 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by jef7 (Post 9557830)
Weird.

I had an exact same issue on an ORD-FRA flight and I got 10,000 miles :confused:

Is it completely useless or as usual, hit or miss?

yeah... your ORD-FRA flight is a lot shorter than my ORD-PVG flight :eek:

wheel of "compensation"... but 2k miles is insane.. who needs 2k miles???? :confused:

UA allows you pay $20 to get 1k miles when flying. So 2k miles is $40 in UA's book.

Your outsourced 1K CS at work. :o