Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Netflix 4,000 United Air miles bonus [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netflix 4,000 United Air miles bonus [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:13 pm
FSU

Originally Posted by travelpye
I also signed up on the offer for 4k miles for NetFlix but have so far only received 2k. The first 2k posed on January 31, so I think it has been long enough to follow-up and request the missing 2k. I am just not sure if it is Chase or United I need to contact first about this.
I am going through the same thing. Signed up in early December. First 2,000 miles posted promptly. As of March 1st, no bonus. Called United, they said it was a Netflix issue. Called Netflix, they started an incident report. Still no bonus as of today. Called Netflix again. They said all the information has been sent to United (twice). They suggested that I call United again and offered to allow a three way call to help solve the problem. This will be next weeks project.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Just a data point on this:

Signed up on 3/8 for a Netflix account with my Chase United Mileage Plus card. 4000 mi posted today, 3/15, in my MP account as a single transaction.

I would say for those who saw 2000mi post that you should contact Netflix and make sure they applied the right promo.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:53 pm
FSU

Guess I have to give up here. United told me again that it is a Netflix issue (getting the extra 2,000 miles) Netflix has told me they have done all they can and it is a United issue. How much time and effort is 2,000 miles worth? I guess I have reached my limit.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:34 am
FSU

Update

Netflix sent me an email saying they contacted United again to ensure that I received the extra 2,000 miles and in fact I finally did yesterday.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by FSU
Update

Netflix sent me an email saying they contacted United again to ensure that I received the extra 2,000 miles and in fact I finally did yesterday.
How long does it take you to end up with being credited the addtional 2K? I am having the same situation and they've told me to wait for 3 months (which I did as I like the program) but still they are "in research"... is there a special phone number to call?

Also, is this promo life-time once per address? I am so tired of waiting, so I might consider cancelling myself and signing up my husband using his united cc and his united mileage account, will that work?

Thanks

thanks
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Netflix is back with the 4K miles promo for signing up. 2K if you sign up, and an additional 2K if you pay with an MP credit card.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...CK=soloMMP0911

$7.99 per month. Miles post in 8-10 weeks.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Netflix is back with the 4K miles promo for signing up. 2K if you sign up, and an additional 2K if you pay with an MP credit card.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...CK=soloMMP0911

$7.99 per month. Miles post in 8-10 weeks.
If I sign up for this today, when should I call Netflix to cancel it so that I will still get the 4k points? What would be the cost to me to earn this 4k pts?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by sciconf
If I sign up for this today, when should I call Netflix to cancel it so that I will still get the 4k points? What would be the cost to me to earn this 4k pts?
Cost should be no more then $7.99. If you were to buy 4K in miles from united the cost is $150.xx!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sciconf
I signed for the promotion with an MP card. The 4000 K was posted on the same day that I signed for the deal. I don't know when I showed up in my MP accout, but the post date was the same as I signed for Netflix.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:28 pm

Is this still working (4K points on United)?

The United web site says 2K.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:14 pm

When you sign up for this offer do you get the 30 day free trial or does it charge you immediately? I attempted to sign up for this a couple of weeks ago but was interupted during the process. I didn't think the free trial applied at the time. However, now when I try to go back it says I start a 30 day free trial after I enter my UMP number. So I'm wondering if that means I won't get the miles since it's offering me a free trial.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lbotez
Is this still working (4K points on United)?

The United web site says 2K.
Extra 2K for using a United credit card.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jonboy71
When you sign up for this offer do you get the 30 day free trial or does it charge you immediately?
In theory it's one or the other - you can get the free trial, or you can get the miles, but not both.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Ive received two bonuses out of this - signed up with my old MP number + Chase United MC, and current MP+ and Chase United Visa.
Got only 2000 out of first one and 4000 out of second.
Cancelled after a month - 6000 miles for $14, not bad.

PS read about this trick on Points guy blog
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:41 am

Any idea how long the points take to post? Signed up yesterday, only a 2000 point offer while using Chase Credit Card. Offer said 6-8 weeks. Does it usually take that long though?

Credit card was charged immediately for the $7.99 fee. So you can't get the free month + miles on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.