Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Netflix 4,000 United Air miles bonus [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netflix 4,000 United Air miles bonus [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by djmp
Don't T&Cs say mileage bonus applies to new NetFlix members only (i.e. excludes those who have previously had service)?
yeah, apparently they enforce this rule. I was a former Netflix member who tried to get the bonus, no joy.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:03 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
How about spouse?

I'm a netflix mmber (I got the miles more than a year ago). I've considered canveling my account, and having Mrs. nwflyboy sign up for the bonus. Anybody know if that'll fly?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
How about spouse?

I'm a netflix mmber (I got the miles more than a year ago). I've considered canveling my account, and having Mrs. nwflyboy sign up for the bonus. Anybody know if that'll fly?
I've tried this as well last year and can confirm this works.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I wonder how they establish whether you've been a Netflix member before. It's probably not just based on your name. Maybe it's based on your name+mailing address? Billing address?

What if you've moved, or send the CDs to your work instead of your home, or make a small error in your mailing address (but not so major that the disks don't come). Will they give you the bonus?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by BigE
I wonder how they establish whether you've been a Netflix member before. It's probably not just based on your name. Maybe it's based on your name+mailing address? Billing address?

What if you've moved, or send the CDs to your work instead of your home, or make a small error in your mailing address (but not so major that the disks don't come). Will they give you the bonus?
My guess is they tag your MP #
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:44 am

Newbie - I just signed up for NetFlix

I never rented from NetFlix nor watch movies that much.

Just signed up for my wife who is at 21k balance.

I signed up on June 17th

Last edited by sciconf; Jul 8, 2008 at 9:20 am
Old Jun 27, 2008, 1:46 pm

netflix membership UA mileage question

Hi, I want to apply a netflix membership for my wife to get 4000 UA bonus miles. However, my wife doesn't have a UA visa card, can I use my own UA visa card to pay for her and she receives the 4000 UA miles?or she will only receive 2000 miles?Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:02 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
IIRC when I signed up for Netflix via this offer I put in my Mileage Plus number and UAL visa, and my mother's name and address (she had neither the MP membership nor any U.S. credit card, but wanted the movies).

I eventually got all 4000 miles, though the 2000 miles for putting it on the Visa took a phone call to Mileage Plus and Netflix to sort out. I did learn that the computer magically knows if a Visa is a UAL one, so that's easy.

Not the exact same experience, but if you put in your wife's MP# it seems like all the miles will go there.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:21 am

21 days have passed

I signed up on June 17th - 22nd day today - no points yet.

Could someone clarify as to when I should see the points?

If you put your a/c on hold, will it affect getting points?
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
question about the Netflix promo

Curious if anyone has tried this before. I was a Netflix member years ago with a different address. If I sign up again with my new address and a different CC will they have any way to know I'm not technically a new customer?

http://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/MP0703NFO.jsp
Old Sep 10, 2008, 2:06 pm

I did that once, about two years ago in order to get the MP bonus. But I also switched the name to another in our household.

Worked fine for me. You could always modify your name slightly (use initial as first name, etc) to avoid any red flags.

But of course no guarantees...
Old Sep 10, 2008, 2:22 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by vxmike
Curious if anyone has tried this before. I was a Netflix member years ago with a different address. If I sign up again with my new address and a different CC will they have any way to know I'm not technically a new customer?

http://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/MP0703NFO.jsp

It's the same MP number though, right? I tried this after signing up Mr. Rugrats, getting the bonus and cancelling. Used my name, my MP number, different credit card, etc. and it did not work; they "recognized" me, or someone in our household, as a previous member.

Give it a try and see if they recognize you.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
It's the same MP number though, right?

When I read the OP, I assumed the OP hadn't previously received a signup bonus from Netflix. The rules say that the bonus is only for new Netflix subscribers.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 9:16 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, UA (no status, but lots of miles!)
I have gotten the netflix bonus at least 3 times. I used a different address, emails, etc. I am now a regular customer, so I guess their promotion was successful.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
It's the same MP number though, right? I tried this after signing up Mr. Rugrats, getting the bonus and cancelling. Used my name, my MP number, different credit card, etc. and it did not work; they "recognized" me, or someone in our household, as a previous member.

I didn't use the promotion before or even my MP visa. The only thing the same would be my name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.