Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

LAX-MOD to be discontinued, SFO slightly reduced

Old Mar 26, 08, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

I just searched and only found a thread from 2006 concerning schedule changes...feel free to close if I screwed up.

Looks like they've canned LAX-MOD eff. June due to fuel costs and to free up aircraft. I think LAX is to go all-jets soon, so this was inevitable in some shape or form - though I can't imagine jets being more efficient intra-California. See article from Modesto Bee http://www.modbee.com/breakingnews/story/250676.html

This is a blow to MOD and that part of the Central Valley. I'm guessing its not too long before we see continued realignment of service for Eureka/Arcata, Chico, Monterey and others that rely on baby 'braer service to connect.
Old Mar 27, 08, 2:22 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald, Star Silver, Virgin Gold, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
I still miss the old daily VGT-MCY service on Scenic Airlines.
Old Mar 28, 08, 2:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert View Post
I still miss the old daily VGT-MCY service on Scenic Airlines.
MCY? Did you, perhaps, mean MCE?

(MCY is Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia -- a nice destination, to be sure, but quite a trick on a Scenic Airlines airplane!)
Old Mar 28, 08, 3:47 pm

Location: Washington DC; UA 1MM, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by cstead View Post
I think LAX is to go all-jets soon
WHAT now?
Old Mar 28, 08, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by randomman View Post
WHAT now?
Long term OO (Skywest) plan is to have UX at LAX go all jets, I believe by 2010, but I could be mistaken on the dates. The recent axing of LAX-SNA and LAX-ONT was partly due to the downsizing of the EMB-120 fleet, and partly to help drive traffic to monopoly routes.

A lot of these intra-Cali markets aren't gonna be sustainable with RJ economics, but were on EMB-120 economics.
Old Mar 29, 08, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), SPG/Marriott PP (Ambassador)
I work throughout the state of California, so seeing the intra-CA flights reduced is troubling. Just next week I've got 13 flights throughout the state, mostly on EMB120s....noisy week!

Any word if Skywest is thinking of moving to all jets at SFO too? Those SFO-FAT/MRY/SMF flights spare me from the nightmare of Bay Area traffic.
Old Mar 29, 08, 4:38 pm

Location: Washington DC; UA 1MM, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by cstead View Post
Long term OO (Skywest) plan is to have UX at LAX go all jets, I believe by 2010, but I could be mistaken on the dates. The recent axing of LAX-SNA and LAX-ONT was partly due to the downsizing of the EMB-120 fleet, and partly to help drive traffic to monopoly routes.

A lot of these intra-Cali markets aren't gonna be sustainable with RJ economics, but were on EMB-120 economics.
Woah, good deal. Thanks for the update! ^

Even LAX-SAN?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: