Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage transfers during long layovers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Baggage transfers during long layovers

I'm travelling SFO-JFK-FRA-FLR. UA the first leg, and then the rest on LH. I'm maximizing the 24-hour rule on the first stop -- I get in to JFK at 6p, and depart the next day on LH at about 4p.

I assume that one has to check bags all the way through, and that's what I'd want to do anyway (no sense lugging a big bag into the City for one night). But the long connection (not to mention the interlining) makes me nervous that my bag won't make it on the FRA flight, and then it will all be downhill from there.

Anyone have any experience checking bags through on long connections? I think I'm just being paranoid here; I've done exactly the same thing (overnight and interlining) at SIN with no problem, but somehow I worry that SIN's efficiency for this sort of thing is miles ahead of JFK's....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.