Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

India: "Your inbound flight was late, so we're waiving the change fee for outbound"

India: "Your inbound flight was late, so we're waiving the change fee for outbound"

Old Mar 12, 08, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA S
Thumbs up India: "Your inbound flight was late, so we're waiving the change fee for outbound"

Was scheduled to fly SFO-ORD-PIT leaving sunday at noon, but a family friend died this week and the service is sunday morning, so I obviously needed to change my flight. CS Rep waived the $100 change fee "since your outbound flight was late", even though this was just my PIT-DEN flight, which I was able to (barely) successfully connect to an on-time DEN-SJC. A bit surprising to say the least, and pretty impressed by this.
Old Mar 12, 08, 6:06 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Sad news, but I am impressed with the service you received.
Old Mar 12, 08, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
My sympathy for your loss.

I wonder if they confused "my late friend" with "my late flight"? Just a guess, not meant to be making fun of your situation. But seriously with the language barrier perhaps it was misunderstood?
Old Mar 12, 08, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by UnitedF1RST View Post
My sympathy for your loss.

I wonder if they confused "my late friend" with "my late flight"? Just a guess, not meant to be making fun of your situation. But seriously with the language barrier perhaps it was misunderstood?
perhaps...when I heard it I just assumed the agent was finding a bs reason to waive the fee (that WAS pretty bs). Not that it isnt appreciated, of course...
Old Mar 12, 08, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
perhaps...when I heard it I just assumed the agent was finding a bs reason to waive the fee (that WAS pretty bs). Not that it isnt appreciated, of course...
indeed. can't bite the hand that feeds ya / beggers cant be choosers apply i think
Old Mar 12, 08, 8:51 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedF1RST View Post
indeed. can't bite the hand that feeds ya / beggers cant be choosers apply i think
and a bird in the hand is worth 2 in a bush?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: