GTEM no longer GTEM

Old Mar 12, 08, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
GTEM no longer GTEM

I hope this hasn't been addressed though I could not find it in a search...

I just got my 2P packet today and I noticed that all the references on the GTEM booklet to "Going the extra mile" are now gone. Guess we may need a new name . It talks instead about superior service, etc instead.
Old Mar 12, 08, 8:55 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by adambadam View Post
I hope this hasn't been addressed though I could not find it in a search...

I just got my 2P packet today and I noticed that all the references on the GTEM booklet to "Going the extra mile" are now gone. Guess we may need a new name . It talks instead about superior service, etc instead.
I guess they read where FT wanted to add the NGTEM and decided to pre-empt us?
Old Mar 12, 08, 10:35 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I wouldn't know as I've yet to receive my 1P packet
Old Mar 12, 08, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I didn't even get any new GTEMs or whatever they are called this year and I only have one left from my last 3 kits. I think I will make up my own, one being a regular GTEM and the other being a "You Make Me Not Want to Fly United" certificate. However, I would only need to make a lot more GTEMs and would have to export a pallet of the YMMN...U certificates to FRA. Also, I love how my new acronym ends in FU. It's only a coincidence, but still sounds pretty funny.
Old Mar 12, 08, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by bschaff1 View Post
I didn't even get any new GTEMs or whatever they are called this year and I only have one left from my last 3 kits. I think I will make up my own, one being a regular GTEM and the other being a "You Make Me Not Want to Fly United" certificate. However, I would only need to make a lot more GTEMs and would have to export a pallet of the YMMN...U certificates to FRA. Also, I love how my new acronym ends in FU. It's only a coincidence, but still sounds pretty funny.
also like how w t f was censored out
Old Mar 12, 08, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
also like how w t f was censored out
Wow, double points on the Scrabble board for that one. I guess some of those certificates would get the point across in three good ways for observant employees that act poorly.
Old Mar 13, 08, 1:37 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I got some in my 1K pcket. I have to ask the family members what they go in their 1P/2P/3P packets
Old Mar 13, 08, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 2P, IHG Royal Ambassador
I also received some in my 2P packet-
Old Mar 13, 08, 7:40 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
My wife got them in her 2P pack 2 weeks ago. When I got my 1k in Feb they were missing, and I sent an email to 1K voice and they sent some right out. Not sure what the email is for 1/2P though.
Old Mar 13, 08, 3:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA Gold/MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
It's in the 1P packet.
Old Mar 13, 08, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1k / SPG Gold / Hilton Gold / Regular peon for all other programs.
I received in my 1K kit a few weeks ago.

Off topic, but I actually used one today, overheard an off-duty pilot (but in uniform) making an announcement at a gate explaining the reason for an ATC delay in simple terms that even the most infrequent flyer would understand. It was nice to see him taking the initiative to calm some frustrated flyers... was quite a sight to see the 'light bulbs' as some pax suddenly understood why they were delayed... and thus no longer frustrated!

The pilot has no idea I did this, as the RCC at this particular airport helped get him name and then submitted it on his behalf and I wasn't even on his flight. I made a photocopy of the GTEM coupon and will send a copy in to other folks at UA so it doesn't mysteriously get lost anywhere.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: