Search

Welcome back to Eugene UA!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Welcome back to Eugene UA!

I just want to be the first to say welcome back to UA mainline (737) service to EUG....I can't believe it's going from 100% UAX to 100% mainline...usually you would expect a mix of the two but I'm not complaining, especially with the elimination of the dreaded CRJ-200. I don't even live in EUG but I would definately consider connecting there on the way to SFO (from PDX) for the extra EQMs, especially knowing I won't get stuck on Skywest all the way....of course I remember back in the Shuttle days when even Medford had 737 service...ah, memories
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:35 pm

It maybe 100% mainline UA from SFO-EUG, but it is also 100% UX EUG-DEN
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BongoVIP
It maybe 100% mainline UA from SFO-EUG, but it is also 100% UX EUG-DEN

Yeah, that's kinda odd...no way I'd want to be on Skywest that long but I guess it's worse for the BOI-ORD CRJ flight
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yeah, that's kinda odd...no way I'd want to be on Skywest that long but I guess it's worse for the BOI-ORD CRJ flight
On the CR7, if you can sit in the F/C Capt Kirk seat 1A, it is not too bad...but on those CRJ's, forget it!!!!
Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
With apologies to Pink Floyd, Careful With That UX, Eugene.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
...I would definately consider connecting there on the way to SFO (from PDX) for the extra EQMs...
And the seafood chowder at the little restaurant near the UA gates. Yum.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
Why EUG and not GEG?

I don't get it, why does EUG pop 150,000 trump GEG with an MSA of >500,000 for mainline service to SFO?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
In addition to Eugene you need to add Springfield, Corvallis, Albany and Salem Keizer to the numbers, just off the top of my head I would think the mid-Willamette valley would top 500k population. (and there is no competition from Southwest)
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:46 pm
cvo

Programs: UA 1K 2+MM, AA EXP (via status match)
I fly in/out of Eugene every other week -- I'm jazzed!
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by river_rower
I don't get it, why does EUG pop 150,000 trump GEG with an MSA of >500,000 for mainline service to SFO?
That indeed is a mystery...maybe they'll take all the CRJ's from the EUG-SFO route and send them to GEG...UAX to SFO is better than nothing I guess...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I agree with ddavault! Salem is only serviced with delta sky connection, so anyone from around salem, keizer, corvallis, eugene (hippieville), and medford as well as the central oregon coast would more than call for mainline service. Also, both corvallis and eugene have the state's largest universities.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OregonTransplant
I agree with ddavault! Salem is only serviced with delta sky connection, so anyone from around salem, keizer, corvallis, eugene (hippieville), and medford as well as the central oregon coast would more than call for mainline service. Also, both corvallis and eugene have the state's largest universities.

If the Delta service survives, I wouldn't be suprised to see UAX enter the Salem-SFO route with EMBs...similar to the RDM-SFO service and a RDM to SFO route with a stop in Salem might work too although you don't see too many one-stop UAX on the west coast...not like the Great Lakes Aviation flights that stop in every small Kansas town between MCI and DEN
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by river_rower
I don't get it either Why does EUG get mainline service when Houston, Texas (population >2M, 4th largest city in the country) gets some mainline, some RJ service (at least from DEN)?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:42 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cvo
I fly in/out of Eugene every other week -- I'm jazzed!
let me be the first to welcome you to FT.

And congrats on getting mainline back...as someone who totally hates RJs, i understand
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bmr12
I don't get it either Why does EUG get mainline service when Houston, Texas (population >2M, 4th largest city in the country) gets some mainline, some RJ service (at least from DEN)?
BMR - I have asked the same question. OK, so Continental is the dominant airline there...so why not try to outdo them with better service, as opposed to throwing in the towel and switching to RJs. You're not going to get the full fare international business traveler to switch away from CO by offering an inferior product from IAH to SFO, DEN or ORD - or IAD for that matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.