Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's up with GEG service?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PanAm330
Well, looks like 2x CR7! Great to see. And rumor has it that ORD-GEG will be back in the scheds in the coming weeks.
Maybe the economy is turning around with these new routes.... or not.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
I wonder if the addition of the SFO route will allow UA to cut some of the UX flights to SEA. That route is so unreliable in the winter months....might make sense to move the EMB120s down to SFO/LAX for additional frequencies on other UX routes.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Thoes are really bad times. The 6am gets in at 755am and means a ~4 hour connection to all the int'l flights. Yuck.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: WN | UA
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Thoes are really bad times. The 6am gets in at 755am and means a ~4 hour connection to all the int'l flights. Yuck.
Arriving at 7:55am and departing at 10:00pm is great for a one-day business trip with dinner though. I can see us using this new route frequently.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by joechickens
Arriving at 7:55am and departing at 10:00pm is great for a one-day business trip with dinner though. I can see us using this new route frequently.
Thats true. I guess the question is are they trying to hit the Asia bank or the bay area workers more? I guess a little bit of both.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 12:28 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It's my understanding that the GEG-SEA flying is at-risk to Skywest - just like the recent service at PDX to Klamath & North Bend. UA merely allows Skywest to market the flights as UA Express.

Skywest is readying the removal of the EMB-120 so it'll be interesting to see what happens with the routes.

Last edited by n7371f; Feb 8, 2009 at 12:29 pm
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Thats true. I guess the question is are they trying to hit the Asia bank or the bay area workers more? I guess a little bit of both.
I've been nagging the 1K desk for the past three years. Skyworst has burned me multiple times on connecting to SEA so that UA can get me to SFO for HKG or SYD, mostly the latter. I've told them I am flying Alaska or Southwest until they put back in SFO direct. I know a lot of business people in Spokane have been sending the same message, especially the tech companies connecting with the Bay Area.

I hope this sticks. We really need it.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by n7371f
Skywest is readying the removal of the EMB-120 so it'll be interesting to see what happens with the routes.
That's sad news....where did you hear that?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Not all of them - EM2 flying out of LAX will be drastically reduced / eliminated, though.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
So... is SEA-PDX going to be a CRJ?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1P MP, CO, WN
For better or worse, SkyWest's Brasilia's aren't going away any time in the immediate future. Brasilia reductions have already been made for the most part at LAX (elimination of SNA/ONT service) and no other significant changes are expected any time soon, either there or anywhere else on the west coast.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
ORD service also?

The same news article that announced the new SFO service (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/200...-improvements/) also mentioned another service announcement this week. On a whim, I went over to the "GEG" entry on Wikipedia and sure enough it say ORD (mainline!) service also resumes June 4th. Hope that's true--sure is better for East Coast and Europe trips!

Last edited by bbridges; Feb 9, 2009 at 6:03 pm
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
So... is SEA-PDX going to be a CRJ?
Again it's been my understanding that the Pac NW routes that Skywest operates are at-risk to them. I could be wrong on some of the routes but I don't think so...

In other words it's not United telling Skywest they're going to operate the SEA-GEG, SEA-PDX routes and so on. It's Skywest taking some of their non-UA/DL assigned Embraer 120's and, operating as United Express, choosing to serve these routes and taking on all financial risks. All United does is provide it's name, reservations systems & infrastructure; it's not a regular pro-rated agreement.

That said...I'm not sure if Skywest has any CRJ-200's that are not assigned to either United or Delta. If that's so, then the decision to operate a CRJ-200 on SEA-GEG, SEA-PDX, etc...would be United's. That's not going on right now with these aforementioned routes.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:05 pm

GEG-ORD nonstop in the system

Originally Posted by bbridges
The same news article that announced the new SFO service (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/200...-improvements/) also mentioned another service announcement this week. On a whim, I went over to the "GEG" entry on Wikipedia and sure enough it say ORD (mainline!) service also resumes June 4th. Hope that's true--sure is better for East Coast and Europe trips!
As expected UA has placed GEG-ORD nonstop on the summer skd. It's a 2:45pm departure out of GEG on a Shuttle America E70. It's listed in Sabre and Worldspan.

I believe the old UA-operated nonstop was always a 6:00am departure out of GEG for years.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
As expected UA has placed GEG-ORD nonstop on the summer skd. It's a 2:45pm departure out of GEG on a Shuttle America E70. It's listed in Sabre and Worldspan.

I believe the old UA-operated nonstop was always a 6:00am departure out of GEG for years.
Actually, it was closer to 7:00!

2:45 certainly doesn't do me any good. I need a morning flight to connect to back east. With our only flight option being DEN (can't trust the GEG-SEA flight), UA is losing more of my money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.