FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   God help me - 48 UX Mesa flights in the past 2 1/2 years (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/796887-god-help-me-48-ux-mesa-flights-past-2-1-2-years.html)

MileageAddict Mar 2, 2008 10:37 am

God help me - 48 UX Mesa flights in the past 2 1/2 years

Ok, I'm a dork and I keep a log of all my flight activities. Out of curiosity, I thought I would count how many Mesa CRJ flights I have in the past 30 months, I have taken...

48 <---- :mad: Aye carumba!

lucky9876coins Mar 2, 2008 10:41 am

How many were on-time?;)

MileageAddict Mar 2, 2008 10:42 am

Just kill me... counted 42 Ted flights in that same timeframe. :p Thank goodness the rest of my travels were upgraded mainline equipment!

MileageAddict Mar 2, 2008 10:43 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 9345049)
How many were on-time?;)

All kidding aside, I would venture an honest guess that about 60% were on-time or within 15 minutes. I'd say there were at least 7 or 8 canceled flights not even factored into my 48 flights or lateness estimate.

BongoVIP Mar 2, 2008 10:45 am

Hey....I feel for you. I used to take Mesa TUS-DEN every week (at Least) twice a week, (coming and going). The only thing they were good for is a 2-cabin CR7...

As far as being on-time...50% tops...Usually on-time in the am (first flight out), but the return was always late.:mad:

Thank god SkyWest took over the route about 3 years ago now. :D

ncorman Mar 2, 2008 11:06 am

You do have a choice when picking a carrier, and going out of the way to avoid Mesa is my choice even if it means not flying United. It allows me to diversify my miles and in some instances accumulate a position in an airline which can get me places in the US for 15,000 miles on an award ticket.

GoingAway Mar 2, 2008 12:09 pm

I've gotten to know and appreciate Continental Express the past few weeks, its a night and day difference from UAX and Mesa. I'm dreading two straight weeks coming up of depending on Mesa shortly, as they had the better schedule :(

ECOTONE Mar 2, 2008 12:49 pm

Just went through my 2008 UAX log and I've been on 18 SkyWest flights already this year. UAX flights around California haven't been bad at all though - usually on-time, if not early.

bhmlurker Mar 2, 2008 1:14 pm

Only 16 Mesa CRJ flights here in 2007, and 2/3 of flights out of this little town is Mesa, the remaining 1/3 Skywest.

DADISGARYK Mar 2, 2008 8:18 pm

Mesa 1K, TED 1K

Does United need to recognize you with a new Mesa 1K award?

a Ted 1K?

What would the award be?

You certainly deserve something, in the spirit of FT :)

ncorman Mar 2, 2008 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by DADISGARYK (Post 9347331)
Does United need to recognize you with a new Mesa 1K award?

a Ted 1K?

What would the award be?

You certainly deserve something, in the spirit of FT :)

A sheet of paper showing the flight numbers 7000-7499 are operated by Mesa.

Better yet, maybe someone can come up with a Firefox extension which buzzes constantly when you try to book a United flight and the flight number is between 7000-7499.

dollaroff Mar 10, 2008 10:40 pm

On short flights, I can handle Mesa (SkyWest FAs seem nicer) fine. E+ in TED is palatable.

markontime Mar 11, 2008 12:01 am

Originally Posted by dollaroff (Post 9390569)
On short flights, I can handle Mesa (SkyWest FAs seem nicer) fine. E+ in TED is palatable.

I just thank God I'm more of a transpac than a transatl. From DTW starting next month, only CRJ200's. All on Mesy! No explus. Just what you want when you step off of a C seat from LHR or FRA!

whlinder Mar 11, 2008 5:39 am

Haha!

/Nelson Muntz

dartagnan Mar 11, 2008 6:51 am

I take Mesa SPI - ORD and ORD - SPI all the time. I'm pretty sure it's one of the most cancelled flights in the system.

Couple weeks ago I returned home from NRT - ORD. First flight, Skywest, cancelled due to mechanical. Second flight, Mesa, cancelled due to crew. Morning flight the next day, Skywest, delayed 2 hours.

I <3 UX.