Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Wow..just got the ICC for the 1st time as 1P..what happened?

Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold

to my fellow lowly 1P's..how often would you say you get ICC versus US based call center? this was the first time in probably 20 calls that i got India. granted, the agent did a great job and it was a really simple matter of sponsoring an upgrade..i was kind of bummed not to get to chat with an American. last time i got a great lady in Hawaii and was able to talk to her for a few minutes about the islands.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If you got the service you needed, why does it matter where the agent is or what nationality they are?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I tend to get the ICC a lot. I have to talk to "Sal" or "Vinnie" a bit slower, but it works out >75-80% of the time. I think I just call the wrong number.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes this happens when the 1P/1K desks are flooded with other calls. Maybe there's bad weather around the country so they have a lot of calls?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If you got the service you needed, why does it matter where the agent is or what nationality they are?
stop trying to read into what i posted, that's stupid. i was asking fellow 1P's how often they get the ICC, out of curiousity. notice how i mentioned it had only happened once in 20 or so times? it wasn't a knock on the ICC.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hi There:

I've removed a few posts that, while friendly and cordial, really didn't have much to do with answering the OP's question and were really off-topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Sometimes this happens when the 1P/1K desks are flooded with other calls. Maybe there's bad weather around the country so they have a lot of calls?
That was my thought too, Lucky; thanks for helping out.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I have even had this happen once as a 1k!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say 5-10% of my calls to the 1P line go to the ICC.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:31 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by UCBeau
a really simple matter of sponsoring an upgrade
The ICC cannot sponsor an upgrade by phone. You have to go to a UA office (=some airport) to sign the "bluey" and then make sure the agent puts in the required annotations to the record - more info here
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by harryhv
The ICC cannot sponsor an upgrade by phone. You have to go to a UA office (=some airport) to sign the "bluey" and then make sure the agent puts in the required annotations to the record - more info here
not entirely true...sponsoring someone with the same last name is easy
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by cstead
not entirely true...sponsoring someone with the same last name is easy
I've seen this "same last name" mentioned several times. I know there are good reasons for it, but still, in a huge percentage of cases, the children, spouses, and parents of the sponsor are going to have different last names than the sponsor. Is this really a valid test in this day and age? (This doesn't affect me personally, since I can't sponsor anyone, but I am just curious.)
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by harryhv
The ICC cannot sponsor an upgrade by phone.
No, but Web Support (also housed at the ICC) can.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We used to have to go into the airport to sign a "bluey" to sponsor an upgrade, but we can not do it on line. Easy Peasy.

I only call in when I have a complex problem. Only once have I received an ICC. My question was so far beyond their training, and language ability, that I just said thank you very much, and called back.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:02 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Being a long shot from any US time zone, I get the MCC and the ICC a lot here .

As I only call when I really resolve the matter online, my issues are complex, and I just barely can solve them with the US call centres. Ending up with the MCC or ICC always means that I have to call again at a later stage.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by cepheid
No, but Web Support (also housed at the ICC) can.
Geographically, they are in India, yes. But they are ways more sapient than any reservation agents I had to deal with so far.

They can break connections, change upgrade stati to HK, change the ownership/sponsorship of upgrades, a thing that HNL agents barely are capable of.

Web support is a living example for the factoid that the abominable quality of the ICC is not India specific.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.