OLCI not avail - what about Mr. Chicken?

Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
OLCI not avail - what about Mr. Chicken?

Title says it all...

My flight tomorrow AM is not available for online check-in. I have not been able to get a seat assignment after my UG cleared today, and would rather not leave everything to chance.

If OLCI is not 'open' (seats under airport control), what if I went by the airport tonight and used Mr. Chicken? (I won't be far from there, as it happens.) Would he be able to help? Don't know if he has any different access this far out.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I don't think you can use Mr. Chicken until the day of the flight, can you?

In general, just because you can't OLCI doesn't mean anything one way or the other as to whether you can check in via Mr. Chicken. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
You can use Mr Chicken 24 before flight, even on the previous day. This is a confirmed.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:49 pm

pre-2007, Mr Chicken did offer to find 'tomorrow's' flight for you. He no longer does this for my flights for which I cannot OLCI ie flights originating outside the US

My local agents will often check me in with a wink and reminder that they shouldn't do so, but every so often I encounter a 'new to me' agent who refuses to do so
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
OLCI has been unavailable all day for me as well for an intl departure... pathetic.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by xevious
OLCI has been unavailable all day for me as well for an intl departure...
I checked in for tomorrow flights to MUC with no problem.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I checked in for tomorrow flights to MUC with no problem.
Bizarre... I wonder what's going on? I've tried OLCI on 3 different computers today, each to no avail. Have never had OCLI do this before.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by xevious
OLCI has been unavailable all day for me as well for an intl departure... pathetic.
Is the website not letting you go through the check-in process, or is it telling you that you can't check-in online? If it is the later, perhaps there is a reason it's not letting you check-in online?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by LGA_UAL
Is the website not letting you go through the check-in process, or is it telling you that you can't check-in online? If it is the later, perhaps there is a reason it's not letting you check-in online?
"EasyCheck-in: Unavailable
Check-in is experiencing problems at this time which are preventing you from using the system. Please try again later"

"Later" has been since 8am this morning...
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:45 pm

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
Originally Posted by exbayern
pre-2007, Mr Chicken did offer to find 'tomorrow's' flight for you. He no longer does this for my flights for which I cannot OLCI ie flights originating outside the US

My local agents will often check me in with a wink and reminder that they shouldn't do so, but every so often I encounter a 'new to me' agent who refuses to do so
Today when I used OLCI for a flight that departs Feb 17 11:30pm (it was booked by mistake by agent), it told me that I couldn't check in this early, and told me specifically to come back AFTER Feb 16, 11:30pm. That's why I believe it's possible to check in in the previous day.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:13 pm

Haven't been able to OLCI neither here for tomorrow's 1:14PM SFO>ORD flight. Been trying since 2PM this afternoon. I thought I was alone and they were swapping equipments or something, but it appears to be a system wide issue, to certain degree at least.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Worked for me at 8 this evening on the left coast. Afternoon flight if that matters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.